Refreshing Post-Game Show

cygoat

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone else listen to the post-game show? McDermott had some insightful analysis of the game; it just reaffirmed for me that we got an outstanding coach. He said he intentionally didn't call a timeout at the end because he wanted to see what his team would do in this situation. He called out a hi-lo play between W Johnson & Hubalek, which didn't work out, but Johnson had the presence to pass the ball over to the open Clark for the game-winner. McD said you wouldn't normally expect that sort of play from a freshman when the original play got botched.

I also really enjoyed the interviews with Clark and McIntosh. McIntosh is quite articulate. He said playing his first D-I game in Hilton was something he will always remember. Really looking forward to see him develop this year.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yeah, G-Mac said this was the perfect type of game for his young team. Tested how they would respond in a tight game and needing a score to win.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
John Walters and Eric Heft have to be so happy that the post game interviews are actually meaningful this year. Morgan was a bore and gave short answers with little insight. After listening to Greg talk I felt like I actually got something from the interview and learned more about what was going on with the team.

cygoat

Apr 11, 2006
John Walters and Eric Heft have to be so happy that the post game interviews are actually meaningful this year. Morgan was a bore and gave short answers with little insight. After listening to Greg talk I felt like I actually got something from the interview and learned more about what was going on with the team.
So true. I don't like to pick on Morgan, but he was awful in post-game interviews. Most of the time, he would simply repeat whatever observation the interviewer had, and then not add much more commentary. It's definitely going to be worth it to tune into the post-game with McDermott.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron