Baylor vs Iowa for all the marbles in NIT Gamethread On ESPN @ 8 PM

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
A lot of basketball games come down to match-ups. Baylor is not a good match-up for Iowa. Iowa seems like one of those teams that is disciplined enough to win a lot of the 50/50 games but they aren't athletic enough to beat the big boys, and when Baylor wants to, they can play like a big boy.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
split Iowa has very little athleticism, even you have to admit that. they are a bunch of awkward looking white guys that play team D to stay in games. Their low scoring vs competent teams is a reflection of their lack of athleticism.

Baylor dominated that game solely due to having better athletes. It certainly was not due to coaching, as scott drew is a terrible coach.

I'll agree with Baylor having better athletes, and that's why they won.

I don't agree that Iowa is not athletic. I'd be curious as to what your definition of athleticism is?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'll agree with Baylor having better athletes, and that's why they won.

I don't agree that Iowa is not athletic. I'd be curious as to what your definition of athleticism is?

have you watched any iowa basketball?

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Why are we still talking about this? Seriously, why is a gamethread for the NIT championship game the hottest thread on CF? Why?

Taco

Sep 24, 2011
Our two best players might as well have stayed in Ames, you didn't win due to any athleticism advantage.

hahahahaha whats your point moron? our best player put up 6 pts on 2-10 shooting. good excuse

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
hahahahaha whats your point moron? our best player put up 6 pts on 2-10 shooting. good excuse
Am I disputing the fact that you won? no. Im disputing the fact that Iowa beating us means that they are a team of anything more than Y-league athletes.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I watched about 10 minutes of the game, before and after halftime, so I am entitled to a ill-informed opinion too. My 2 main thoughts:

1. "Shooting". Iowa shot badly, but a big piece of that was trying to shot over/around Baylor's tall guys. And of course Baylor, going for blocks, didn't rebound well so Iowa gets more shots that they can't get over/around those bigs. So I don't buy "had a bad night shooting" excuse -- a lot of that is credited to Baylor.

2. "Athleticism". Not even going to talk about vertical leaps or height. Baylor looked FASTER than Iowa. Getting up and down the court, in the half court, helping on defense. The only time Iowa looked faster was getting to loose balls- they do hustle, to their credit. But Iowa looked slow.

I told some friends at work this game was all about which Baylor team showed up. Unfortunately for Iowa, it was the good team.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Why are we still talking about this? Seriously, why is a gamethread for the NIT championship game the hottest thread on CF? Why?

It's the offseason. 5 months of this hell, trapped like an insect in amber. Basically there are only 3 choices:
1. pointlessly re-hash old games
2. cluelessly speculate about 20 redshirt freshman on the football team
3. turn off the computer and go try to do something productive in society

I think we all know 3 is totally unrealistic.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I watched about 10 minutes of the game, before and after halftime, so I am entitled to a ill-informed opinion too. My 2 main thoughts:

1. "Shooting". Iowa shot badly, but a big piece of that was trying to shot over/around Baylor's tall guys. And of course Baylor, going for blocks, didn't rebound well so Iowa gets more shots that they can't get over/around those bigs. So I don't buy "had a bad night shooting" excuse -- a lot of that is credited to Baylor.

2. "Athleticism". Not even going to talk about vertical leaps or height. Baylor looked FASTER than Iowa. Getting up and down the court, in the half court, helping on defense. The only time Iowa looked faster was getting to loose balls- they do hustle, to their credit. But Iowa looked slow.

I told some friends at work this game was all about which Baylor team showed up. Unfortunately for Iowa, it was the good team.

Yeah Bobby Knight commented on that quite a bit.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
It's the offseason. 5 months of this hell, trapped like an insect in amber. Basically there are only 3 choices:
1. pointlessly re-hash old games
2. cluelessly speculate about 20 redshirt freshman on the football team
3. turn off the computer and go try to do something productive in society

I think we all know 3 is totally unrealistic.
At least #2 directly involves Iowa State University.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010

Bitter lil fella, aren't you?

And split you are trying way way way too hard to rationalize the beating your team took. I know the mythology you all have had to create to try to ignore how little you matter.

The simple fact of the matter was that Baylor's athletic ability, and the huge gap between the two teams in that category, had much to do with how bad your boys shot the ball. The "wide open looks" that just didn't fall ******** was caused from the fact that the window they had to get those up was altered because of said athleticism.

I know that these insecure hawk fans like soft shell here, and the rest of the misfits, thought that because Iowa State swept them, and they have been led to somehow believe that fran is not the terrible sideline coach that they have seen over and over this year, certainly better than Fred, at they were somehow guaranteed to win. I mean how many of the full blown corkies on your sites cried about how easy the big 12 was. Many going full short bus and saying they would win the conference.

Yeah soft shell's vag is torn apart over this, so he goes full short bus. It's what happens when you are insecure. But I think you are better than this.

Reactions: Bobber

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Our two best players might as well have stayed in Ames, you didn't win due to any athleticism advantage.

So, do Iowa fans get to use this excuse when it comes to the Baylor game? I mean, either it was Baylor and Iowa's defense shutting down the opponent's respective "best players" during those games, or those offensive players didn't show up.

Which is it?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So, do Iowa fans get to use this excuse when it comes to the Baylor game? I mean, either it was Baylor and Iowa's defense shutting down the opponent's respective "best players" during those games, or those offensive players didn't show up.

Which is it?
You're very dense.