Baylor vs Iowa for all the marbles in NIT Gamethread On ESPN @ 8 PM

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
You should have capitalized "you" in your sentence. My point is that your **** actually does stink. I'm not the one going around correcting everyone's ungrammatical posts, just yours. If you’re going correct everyone’s grammar, you should make sure your grammar is perfect.

"Y"ou are correct! Thanks for the correction! (Hopefully this sentence is all correct.) You are also correct in saying my **** stinks, however just wondering how you know? Finally, I have never claimed that my grammar is perfect, just correcting when I see a mistake. I am extremely happy when someone points out my mistakes, I am thankful for it. In fact, I am guessing that I have probably made some grammatical errors in this message that someone will point out.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
"Y"ou are correct! Thanks for the correction! (Hopefully this sentence is all correct.) You are also correct in saying my **** stinks, however just wondering how you know? Finally, I have never claimed that my grammar is perfect, just correcting when I see a mistake. I am extremely happy when someone points out my mistakes, I am thankful for it. In fact, I am guessing that I have probably made some grammatical errors in this message that someone will point out.
Nope, looks good to me. :v_SPIN:

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Ya since Ejim had 5 fouls in 13 minutes.

Sounds like he was having a tough time with Iowa's defensive pressure.

Clyburn missing all 5 of his shots and Lucious missing 10 of his 13 was also defensive pressure. Since, again, off-nights are just an excuse.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Clyburn missing all 5 of his shots and Lucious missing 10 of his 13 was also defensive pressure. Since, again, off-nights are just an excuse.
K, I don't get how you are attacking my point that Iowa is a team of terrible athletes but I understand you're a hawk troll so cya.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
March 2013 Cyclones >> December 2012 Cyclones.

Teams typically do improve, so I'd agree with this.

K, I don't get how you are attacking my point that Iowa is a team of terrible athletes but I understand you're a hawk troll so cya.

You didn't actually back up your point that Iowa is a team of terrible athletes, other than saying Iowa's best player is a ginger. So, until you actually can prove your point, I'll continue responding with pointless posts that vaguely pick on a random comment you made.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Yet as awesome as this herky the turkey team was they still didnt make it to a tournament that matters.

reasons:
1-bad coaching
2-not as good as you claim
3-bad refs
4-Pierre pierce Steve Alford norm parker zalesky Bielema other teams didnt beat hawk hawks just lost not mad enough doing it right
5-

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yet as awesome as this herky the turkey team was they still didnt make it to a tournament that matters.

reasons:
1-bad coaching
2-not as good as you claim
3-bad refs
4-Pierre pierce Steve Alford norm parker zalesky Bielema other teams didnt beat hawk hawks just lost not mad enough doing it right
5-

How about, young team and low RPI due to ****** OOC schedule?

It's been repeated on this board many times that if Iowa had improved the OOC that they would have made the dance.

Still doesn't explain how Iowa is considered athletic.

Also, Iowa will be in the tournament next year. Not worried.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

It's been repeated on this board many times that if Iowa had improved the OOC that they would have made the dance.

You do understand that if Iowa played a tougher non-conference schedule, you also could probably tack on 2-3 more losses on their record too, right?

One funny thing about the NIT Championship game was just how good the Big 12 suddenly became in one night. Reading some Iowa message boards, they just couldn't believe how good Baylor was, and just how athletic and long they were.

That was interesting considering Hawk fans just bashed the Big 12 all year long, until they got their clocks cleaned by the Big 12's 6th place team by 20 points. Oh, a team that ISU beat twice this year too I might add. Funny how that is.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010

Heard this last year, too?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
You do understand that if Iowa played a tougher non-conference schedule, you also could probably tack on 2-3 more losses on their record too, right?

One funny thing about the NIT Championship game was just how good the Big 12 suddenly became in one night. Reading some Iowa message boards, they just couldn't believe how good Baylor was, and just how athletic and long they were.

That was interesting considering Hawk fans just bashed the Big 12 all year long, until they got their clocks cleaned by the Big 12's 6th place team by 20 points. Oh, a team that ISU beat twice this year too I might add. Funny how that is.

This post is chalked full of "yikes"

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
yeah split, you gotta admit this is true. Just doing my bracketology a lot of Hawks hammered that point til the nail was inside.
They were on that bubble though, 3rd seed in the NIT is next 4 in right?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I also recall hawk fans saying they would be a tournament team this year. Just need to bring up the season prediction thread on HN.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I thought RPI didn't matter. You apologists are hard to follow.

yeah split, you gotta admit this is true. Just doing my bracketology a lot of Hawks hammered that point til the nail was inside.

I don't think anybody said RPI didn't matter. The point I made (I guess I don't know what people were saying on HN because I avoid that place due to the massive amount of herpes) was that RPI is stupid and SHOULDN'T matter.

Semantics.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
What? Iowa shut down ISU's offensive players in that game. Obviously it was Iowa's defense and couldn't have been those guys having off nights.

It obviously meant much more to the hawks, right? Same nonsense as fb season in this thread.

White went HAM to start the game. But Iowa State still led at halftime. In the end, it took uncharacteristic 3 point shooting to give the hawks the win. Good for you, you won the game.

But if the fb season argument that your insecure mythology has created as some sort of pathetic defense mechanism applies, the match up doesn't really count then, right?

Actually, I feel kinda sorry for you trying to argue this nonsense. But how does it make you feel to know that white could be a match up nightmare, but he is held back by your mediocre coach?

He isn't that athletic, but he is skilled.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron