Baylor vs Iowa for all the marbles in NIT Gamethread On ESPN @ 8 PM

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Why do you have an Iowa State related avatar? I feel like it should be black and gold.

I am just humored by the people on here who look to belittle Iowa fans for things that the ISU fanbase is just as guilty of.

I also grew up a Hawk fan and went to school at ISU. So I am an ISU fan first and foremost, but will cheer for the Hawks when they dont play ISU. So Im not blinded by Hawk hate like 90% of this board.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
You're right, Baylor's stifling defense is holding Iowa to 24% shooting.:twitcy:

Iowa is getting open jumpers and open lay-ups, and can't hit a thing. Has very little to do with Baylor.

IMO It is more of Baylor's bone head turnovers, bad three point shots, and over dribbling allowing Iowa to stay in the game... Just Baylor being Baylor.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I am just humored by the people on here who look to belittle Iowa fans for things that the ISU fanbase is just as guilty of.

I also grew up a Hawk fan and went to school at ISU. So I am an ISU fan first and foremost, but will cheer for the Hawks when they dont play ISU. So Im not blinded by Hawk hate like 90% of this board.

Cool Story

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

because you grew up a hawk fan.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Being throttled by the 6th best team in the Big 12... Embarrassing. Guess the Big 12 isn't as easy as Iowa fans think.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa played poorly enough most of the season... Hence the NIT birth.

There is a lot of truth to that. They played well enough to put themselves in a position late, but you're in the NIT for a reason. And this is one of those reasons. When you shoot 24% and allow your opponent to shoot 48% from the field, you aren't going to be in many games.

This feels a lot like the Purdue game, except against Baylor, that equates to a 20 point loss vs. an overtime road loss.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

I don't think that means what you think it means.

hu·mored, hu·mor·ing, hu·mors1. To comply with the wishes or ideas of; indulge.
2. To adapt or accommodate oneself to. See Synonyms at pamper.