Hoks don't lack confidence

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Why is there so much argueing going on here? A loss is a loss and a win is a win. Nothing else matters.
Brilliant.

And it's spelled arguing.

You failed miserably here. You could have said something like this in response that would have been a real burner:

I don't know; Iowa appears to be 1-0 in Iowa State's conference.

That was a hanging slider and you decided to try to steal first instead.

I've used up my quota on that comeback. Can't over use it, or else it's not as effective. My arsenal is limited to basketball season (with football being so bad), so I gotta be careful.

D

DistrictCyclone

Wisconsin wasn't throwing away easy points that would have given them the lead. They just ran out of time.

If you're referring to the missed free throws, Iowa's 70% from the free throw line on the season; you'd have had to hit 85% of them last night in order to have tied the game.

There are hundreds of and possibly thousands of games each year that are lost by an amount smaller than the number of missed free throws by the losing team; it's idiotic to say that all of those games "slipped away", especially since the winning team usually misses free throws and other easy opportunities to score, also.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Who cares that Iowa is improving. I'm a diehard cyclone, but I actually like Fran and the emotion he displays on the court. He reminds me a lot of Paul Rhoads in his coaching style, obviously 2 different sports but you get what I'm saying, he really fights for his guys and gets into the officials. I don't think theres anything wrong with Iowa becoming a good program again. Heck it sure beats UNI and Drake being the dominant teams in the state like it has been the past few years, I'd much rather see Iowa State and Iowa be the dominant teams. Plus it makes it a better rivalry.

D

DistrictCyclone

Who cares that Iowa is improving. I'm a diehard cyclone, but I actually like Fran and the emotion he displays on the court. He reminds me a lot of Paul Rhoads in his coaching style, obviously 2 different sports but you get what I'm saying, he really fights for his guys and gets into the officials. I don't think theres anything wrong with Iowa becoming a good program again. Heck it sure beats UNI and Drake being the dominant teams in the state like it has been the past few years, I'd much rather see Iowa State and Iowa be the dominant teams. Plus it makes it a better rivalry.

The issue at hand is whether Iowa let one slip away last night. I don't think anyone in their right mind can deny that Iowa has improved (how could they not...did you see them during the Lickliter years?).

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I was wondering when the "Wisconsin let one slip away" would come up. Iowa let the game slip away once they were down 23, not at the end of the game. I'm sure that's what Qtip was referring to post game.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
I don't get why hawk fans are so upset about being mediocre when they just got there.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I'm trying to understand why there is a 5 page thread on the confidence of the irrelevant men's basketball team at that little school to the east on the ISU Men's Basketball page, particularly on an ISU game day. At least move this to the appropriate forum.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My favorite Iowa basketball egomania moment was when Alford said Iowa was the major program in the state just before ISU finished #3 in the nation and won back to back conference championships.

D

DistrictCyclone

My favorite Iowa basketball egomania moment was when Alford said Iowa was the major program in the state just before ISU finished #3 in the nation and won back to back conference championships.

Just to be fair, he was probably referring to the state of delusion.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
OSU had a guy that played 17 minutes and blocked 6 shots.

Iowa had Kareem Abdul Woodberry.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Iowa and Iowa state were both decent in the late 80's and early 90's. Iowa and Iowa State have rarely competed seriously for the same recruits, we play once per year- I don't mind if Iowa is decent in basketball, football is different though, Iowa stinking helps Iowa State, I hope they lose every game.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Iowa and Iowa state were both decent in the late 80's and early 90's. Iowa and Iowa State have rarely competed seriously for the same recruits, we play once per year- I don't mind if Iowa is decent in basketball, football is different though, Iowa stinking helps Iowa State, I hope they lose every game.

Speaking of that. Francis made a trip to see Rashad Vaughn today.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

I'm the same way but still get enjoyment from every loss. Fan support is worse off for them if suck at both though.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Exactly, the entire b1g isn't as good as the media wants us to think. It's Indiana, Michigan and everyone else. Ohio State is great defensively but they struggle to score.

I suppose the SEC isn't as good in football as the media would lead us to believe either. If Kansas was in the B1G they'd maybe finish 5th.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Are Squawk fans still concerned about Woodbury entering the draft after this season?

Hard to still be concerned about something they were never concerned about in the first place. In all seriousness though I've been disappointed in what I've seen from Woodbury this season. He really needs to add some muscle. A guy 7'1" shouldn't get blocked as much as he does.