Hoks don't lack confidence

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Exactly, it happens every year and in basketball and football and then they are exposed at the end.

My stupid hok fans love to rationalize how the big 10 on their best year they've ever seen has as many rpi top 50 teams as the big 12 in a down yr

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Hard to still be concerned about something they were never concerned about in the first place. In all seriousness though I've been disappointed in what I've seen from Woodbury this season. He really needs to add some muscle. A guy 7'1" shouldn't get blocked as much as he does.
Easy to deny it now but there were a fair share of hawk fans that thought he might be 1 and done when he committed.

D

DistrictCyclone

I suppose the SEC isn't as good in football as the media would lead us to believe either. If Kansas was in the B1G they'd maybe finish 5th.

Yeah, no way Kansas could win on the road against a team like Ohio State.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Whoa, I can do that too. If Wisconsin was in the Big 12 they would maybe finish 8th, if they were lucky.

I see the Big 12 getting 4 teams in the NCAA tournament. Wisconsin is a virtual lock to make the NCAA tournament. Therefore I conclude that your statement is incorrect.

D

DistrictCyclone

I see the Big 12 getting 4 teams in the NCAA tournament. Wisconsin is a virtual lock to make the NCAA tournament. Therefore I conclude that your statement is incorrect.

Are you ******* nuts? A 13-6 team with half of their remaining games against ranked opponents isn't a lock to do anything.

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
You folks need a shot of reality.

The Big 12 > the Big ten in football this year.
The Big 10 > the Big 12 in basketball this year.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

I think a majority of the posters on here realize that, but it's fun to see the Iowa fans get their panties in a bunch when we tell them that the Big 10 isn't that good this year.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Looks like someone isn't too good with sarcasm. Everybody knows the Big 10 is better than the Big 12 by a lot, but it is funny to hear Hawk fans boast how tough the conference is and hear them get offended when you tell them otherwise.

Last edited:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Alright, I'll admit I lost perspective here.

After years of futility, I'm desperate for any kind of success. And I can see Iowa running out of chances to impress the committee. They won't win on the road against Minnesota or Indiana, and Purdue is no cupcake. Wisconsin may not be a quality win by the end of the year, and I'm confident Illinois won't be. And to see them come so close to pulling out wins against top 15 teams, only to come up short, is beyond frustrating.

Apologies for getting a little short. I'm not used to having to actually handle success/expectations thereof when it comes to Iowa basketball.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I can't remember, did the best team of all time win at Ohio State a week and a half ago?

One game doesn't determine anything either way. Michigan is easily the best team I've seen this season.

Kentucky lost twice last year. That didn't make Indiana the better team when all was said and done (didn't even win the B1G), and it sure as hell didn't get Vandy an SEC crown.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
One game doesn't determine anything either way. Michigan is easily the best team I've seen this season.

Kentucky lost twice last year. That didn't make Indiana the better team when all was said and done (didn't even win the B1G), and it sure as hell didn't get Vandy an SEC crown.

So you do agree Iowa State is still the better team than Iowa this year...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron