Cyclone alley is general admission!

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
I've heard that their advisers won't let them read CF.

Its probably because nothing truly constructive comes off here as far as suggestions go. Everyone just says Cyclone Alley sucks and should be thrown out, and they obviously don't believe that as they are a part of that organization.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
Hah, I don't plan on sneaking into the student section any time soon, wife and I usually get to games too late for it to really matter anyway :) Plus the people behind me (usually not that old) in section 201 could use the encouragement to stand up every now and then.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
That makes me question their actions during my junior year (Fall '09, not that long ago). A good friend of mine (Hawkeye fan, but ISU student - cheers for ISU in every sport when they're not playing Iowa) was wearing an Iowa zip-up sweatshirt over the CA shirt at the Iowa game. They approached him, saying he had to have his CA shirt showing (he had zipped up the sweatshirt by then). I look around and see another kid wearing a Texas zip up, and they didn't say a word to him. Now, I know it's Iowa. And I hate them more than most. But a season ticket-owning ISU student should be able to attend the game in peace. That soured my opinion of them.
What your friend did by wearing the EIU sweatshirt to an ISU game was in very poor taste - same with the jerk in the Texas shirt. Both should have received a severe wedgie and made to buy beers for the student section.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
When I was in school, the CAC would only choose their friends to do the timeout activities and would reserve the first couple rows for their friends, even though they wouldn't show up until the game starts. When it came to getting on the CAC, they would decline very worthy students in favor of friends.

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
When I was in school, the CAC would only choose their friends to do the timeout activities and would reserve the first couple rows for their friends, even though they wouldn't show up until the game starts. When it came to getting on the CAC, they would decline very worthy students in favor of friends.

Probably still true. There are a couple of people on here that tried to get on CAC with the hopes of improving the student section.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
That makes me question their actions during my junior year (Fall '09, not that long ago). A good friend of mine (Hawkeye fan, but ISU student - cheers for ISU in every sport when they're not playing Iowa) was wearing an Iowa zip-up sweatshirt over the CA shirt at the Iowa game. They approached him, saying he had to have his CA shirt showing (he had zipped up the sweatshirt by then). I look around and see another kid wearing a Texas zip up, and they didn't say a word to him. Now, I know it's Iowa. And I hate them more than most. But a season ticket-owning ISU student should be able to attend the game in peace. That soured my opinion of them.

I don't care if it was God himself or herself sitting there wearing a hok shirt in our Cyclone Alley, kick his *** out!

Last edited:

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
For those who are curious about their ID cards and if they still look normal... here's a current one

rmUQMrs.png

Exactly what my ID from 05-09 looks like.

Last edited:

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
Definitely. There are a few that make it really obvious they love the CACC.

Not a single person on here has said they like the CAC. There are quite a few people that are upset people think the student section sucks because CAC is "in control" of it, which it is most definitely not.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I believe I said this after the first game this year. Uniformity is a good thing, but not when it restricts access to the section.

I also interviewed to be a part of CAC last year. One of the questions they asked was how to improve Cyclone Alley. I told them they needed to change the makeup of who was on the committee. More "basketball fanatics" and less people who are there just to be there and add a leadership position to their resume. I never did hear back from them...

And you said this to . . . the committee!
Interesting interview tactic. Really can't understand why you didn't hear back from them. :pbaffled:

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
The thing that I'm mad about is not CA but the fact that two people have said they tried getting on CA because they are diehard cyclone fans and want to improve it. That's the type of people they should be accepting. I want passionate fans rather than people building their resumes.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
can't find it...though people were making fun of her sister then her sister got on here, name was kmcdermo I thought...somebody probably remembers.