We are fine!

Todd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
We are not fine.....Clyburn disappears for no reason and Lucious is out of control. I think we need to pull the string quicker moving forward on both of these guys.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My faith is in Percy. He rarely misses his layups. Now if we can just feed him.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bold prediction of the year: Clyburn will not score 0 in any game the rest of the way

I'm not so sure about that? He just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor to me.

Star players don't EVER score zero points. NEVER. Jordan, on an off night, would still put up 20. Clyburn is just not a very aggressive player and can't really create his own shot it seems?

Obviously he will have some decent games, but big time players don't ever have games like this. And it's not really the first time it's happened this year either. He's had several really poor games already.

McGee is the best offensive player we have.... PERIOD. I don't know how many times he has to prove it for people to believe it. He's money. He will never score zero as long as he plays enough minutes.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'm not so sure about that? He just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor to me.

Star players don't EVER score zero points. NEVER. Jordan, on an off night, would still put up 20. Clyburn is just not a very aggressive player and can't really create his own shot it seems?

Obviously he will have some decent games, but big time players don't ever have games like this. And it's not really the first time it's happened this year either. He's had several really poor games already.

McGee is the best offensive player we have.... PERIOD. I don't know how many times he has to prove it for people to believe it. He's money. He will never score zero as long as he plays enough minutes.
Add Percy to the mix. He is definitely good around the basket and his defense has improved.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Yes, as far as I'm concerned, if you can't live up to lowly Michael Jordan, why are you even playing basketball?

:rolleyes:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Based on what I have seen, this would be my starting five:

McGee
Clyburn
Babb
Ejim
Niang

Yes, Clyburn had one bad game, but he lit up against BYU. Don't ditch him yet.

The others have been the most consistent presences on the team.

Lucious may need some time to cool down. Fred knows best, and I don't know if this is how Korie is wired, but beginning a game on the bench may help out. Besides, I think the five I listed would give us the best chance to win.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
need to win all the home games..this is a jump shot team that cant attack the rim and lack overall toughness to win on the road.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
I am still seriously ****** off about that loss. Clyburn and Luscious just didn't want it badly enough and the rest of the team follows their lead. Korie is just such a stupid player and the fact he has talent enables him to play like such a moron. The fact they didn't come out of halftime motivated is the most disturbing part.

You can't lose rivalry games due to a lack of effort.

H

Hugs4ISU

I repeat, we are fine. We actually played better against better teams in Cinn and UNLV, but we will be fine. Think of this as our Drake game from last year -- a big wake up call.

The Drake game was a turning point in our season last year and I feel this will be a turning point in this season.

Perhaps. Time will tell. It could also be like the Northwestern game from Mcdermott's last year, in which people said the same thing, "we'll be fine, Northwestern is an awesome NCAA-bound team" (they went to the NIT that year), and which instead exposed weaknesses in the ISU team that would be exploited over and over and over again all season long.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008

Agree, Mcgee needs to start over Clyburn right now and it starts sunday!!

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I repeat, we are fine. We actually played better against better teams in Cinn and UNLV, but we will be fine. Think of this as our Drake game from last year -- a big wake up call.

The Drake game was a turning point in our season last year and I feel this will be a turning point in this season.
Always sucks to lose to Hawks but we lost some tremendous talent from last year, we're still in the process of figuring out how to replace that, and all three losses were away from home.

Color this "normally negative flipper outer guy" as not worried.

LET ME MAYOR COACH.

Last edited:

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
For those saying we are fine take off your rose colored glasses we are not fine right now. I think we will turn it around and the potential is there, but right now we are not fine. What do you expect Lucious to do when Ejim, Booker, and Clyburn not scoring. Gibson or Niang for Booker and Mcgee for Clyburn until these two get their head out of the sand. Iowa had more intensity than we did and well less turnover's, if this not taking care of the bball continues we will be in trouble.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
The people that cared about this rivalry game who are from Iowa, were in gold and black. I think this game meant a lot less to our players, than it did to Iowas. Kudos to the Iowa kids who played their hearts out to win this game because it meant so much to them personally.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Always sucks to lose to Hawks but we lost some tremendous talent from last year, we're still in the process of figuring out how to replace that, and all three losses were away from home.

Color this "normally negative flipper outer guy" as not worried.

LET ME MAYOR COACH.

The concerning part to me is that we seem to have no discipline at all. It's just a bunch of guys running around trying to get theirs, which usually amounts to a cross-over and 25 foot three pointer being jacked up.

Iowa had more desire than us. They wanted it more. They weren't whining babies like Ejim was.

Marble is Iowa's best player and he didn't do squat last night. Let's not pretend that this was a game where everyone on Iowa was unconscious.

We're either an incredibly undisciplined team or Fred wants that garbage offense we were running last night. Neither scenario is good.

We've lost to every decent team we've played.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Hard to believe we're not disciplined when you look at the players we have on our team, I guess.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
One of the great things about our problems last night is they are all easy fixes. Playing harder, smarter passes and shots, better fundamental defense, better fundamental rebounding. Believe it or not on a team like this those fixes aren't that hard. No coach wants to see his team lose, but in some ways it's better to lose like this and have the talent to have won and to go out and finish in the top of the Big 12 then to play your *** off, lose, and only have the talent to be an NIT team.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
10-3, 10-8 and we are on the bubble...very attainable

Yup. Just have to beat Drake and we should be 10-3 going into conference play. 10 wins is very possible in conference play. Just like last year, we will get better as the season progresses. Lucious will get better; remember he is still learning the system

Help Support Us

Become a patron