Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Curse

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Which do you think?

I've only had the chance to listen to a few of the games this year, but it seems like every time I've listed KL is trying to chuck the ball around everywhere. Doesn't matter if it's from well beyond the arc, an easy pass, or trying to thread the needle into someone being double-teamed, always just being very reckless with the ball.

I only ask this, because do we really have any other options? Or is it just circumstances and KL isn't as bad as what my experience through a few games tells me?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
There is a reason guys like him and Allen were kicked off of a team by one of the best coaches in college basketball. I hate having these guys from Michigan State. They do not look like they are bought into Cyclone Basketball. They look like they are more about themselves than the team.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Too soon to tell. We would be worse without him with our roster, but the TOs are way, way, way, too much for any PG.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Michigan State is not missing much, I'll say that. Wow, this guy has more turnovers than minutes.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Lucious is like Chris Allen or Mike Taylor. He'll frustrate you by trying to make the dazzling move, the thread-the-needle pass, and the low-percentage shot, but he'll also have nights when he's on and stuffs the points and assists columns. He'll likely win us some games, and he'll likely lose us some games. Bottom line: he's not as black and white as a two-option poll.

Edit: unless said poll is "Is Korie Lucious black or white?"

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Can't say its not easy to judge the talent level of the rest of the team. I wouldn't mind seeing the team with Naz Long forced into playing point I think he'd do OK. No way he could turn it over more.

The problem was they thought they could show up and win.

And then at halftime after the strong 1h finish they htought a blowout was a formality.

The Big 12 is wide open. But this team will be playing in the NIT and not the dance not because Baylor or OU or OSU or WVA are better but because Korie will feel that bringing it against TCU or Texas Tech is beneath him and they'll drop a couple games like that to miss a bid.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
What better PG was on the market is the question to consider.

That's partly why I asked the question how I did. Does his experience outweigh his sloppy play this early in the season? Is this something that he'll eventually play through and improve on as the season goes on? If no, do we have anyone that can step up in his place? I thought Naz Long played a little earlier in the season, can we give him a shot again or is that out of the question?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Without KL tonight this loss is a 20 point blowout. Our bigs need to learn to catch some passes, KL made some nice passes in the lane that both Niang and Gibson didn't catch and were turned over

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I hope he gets things under control like Allen did last year. I couldn't stand CA at the beginning of last year, but he finally started to play within himself toward the end of the season. KL's turnovers right now are killing us. Same goes for Clyburn.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
His dribbling gets a little too fancy, and it causes a TO. His shot selection at times is terrible.
He just needs to calm down and play a "smart" game. He's trying way too hard...

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Both Long and Okoro were hyped big time as recruits. Long plays somewhat and Okoro hardly plays. WTF?

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
There is a reason guys like him and Allen were kicked off of a team by one of the best coaches in college basketball. I hate having these guys from Michigan State. They do not look like they are bought into Cyclone Basketball. They look like they are more about themselves than the team.
There is a reason and it wasn't due to their basketball ability. Korie is playing hard for the team but he is definitely not playing smart.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
He is an average point guard. This year he is more prone to turnovers than he has been in the past, but he has never been outstanding in the assists or ball-handling areas. Sometimes I don't get why so many expected so much out of him. Look at his stats at MSU.

He seems to be picking it up a bit in the scoring and with the assists, but he still is taking some bonehead shots when he should be passing off, and still is trying to force passes. To me, the best description of him is a PG with only an average at best Basketball IQ.

I don't know if he is a blessing or a curse. Right now, he is what ISU has to fill the position with very few better options on this team.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Lucious is like Chris Allen or Mike Taylor. He'll frustrate you by trying to make the dazzling move, the thread-the-needle pass, and the low-percentage shot, but he'll also have nights when he's on and stuffs the points and assists columns. He'll likely win us some games, and he'll likely lose us some games. Bottom line: he's not as black and white as a two-option poll.

Edit: unless said poll is "Is Korie Lucious black or white?"

I know I only put 2 options, but meant it as which does he lean more toward right now. Kind of like a sliding scale or measuring shades of gray. It's not a "I hate KL" or "KL is my homeboy" type of question, but more do you see him more as someone who is a great asset or something that will more likely burn you than help you.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Both Long and Okoro were hyped big time as recruits. Long plays somewhat and Okoro hardly plays. WTF?
Okoro was not a big time recruit. Long played ok earlier this season and will have to start playing more if Korie keeps playing this badly.