“It’s not like this has just been a dog-crap team,â€￾ said Ferentz

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Wow. That's quite a statement from state's highest paid employee.

Gotta love the freefall in Iowa City.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
It's hilarious Iowa fans---who demand their coaches to be paid market value of the level of 'elite' coaches, are stuck with Cap'n Kirk and his outrageous buyout ($20 million), and an inept AD

They deserve to suffer...with their unfounded sense of entitlement

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
It's hilarious Iowa fans---who demand their coaches to be paid market value of the level of 'elite' coaches, are stuck with Cap'n Kirk and his outrageous buyout ($20 million), and an inept AD

They deserve to suffer...with their unfounded sense of entitlement

This

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
I would be surprised if Iowa doesn't put good teams on the field in the next few years. Their team this year has had terrible quarterback play, something that ISU fans are familiar with on many Saturdays. If you are taking pleasure in Iowa losing because that somehow lessens the sting of ISU losing, well that simply means both teams are not very good this year.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Something about glass houses and stones.

They made fun of us when we sucked. We are just watching their backs, making sure some is there to do it.

If you are talking about the simular record, I argue it is completely differenct. 6-13 is the record of our last two opponents, 15-5 is the record of their last two.

Baring the biggest last season turn around ever, Iowa is not going to a bowl game and is lucky to win another game. Probably finish based on what Vegas odds will likely be is 4-8.

According to Realtime RPI, ISU hasn't lost to anyone who ranks worse than #33 nor has beat anyone with a better rank than that. Our next two teams are 122 and 44. We have already beat two teams with a higher rank than either of those.
Probably finish based on what Vegas odds will likely be is 7-5 with a shot at a bowl win.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
They made fun of us when we sucked. We are just watching their backs, making sure some is there to do it.

If you are talking about the simular record, I argue it is completely differenct. 6-13 is the record of our last two opponents, 15-5 is the record of their last two.

Baring the biggest last season turn around ever, Iowa is not going to a bowl game and is lucky to win another game. Probably finish based on what Vegas odds will likely be is 4-8.

According to Realtime RPI, ISU hasn't lost to anyone who ranks worse than #33 nor has beat anyone with a better rank than that. Our next two teams are 122 and 44. We have already beat two teams with a higher rank than either of those.
Probably finish based on what Vegas odds will likely be is 7-5 with a shot at a bowl win.
I was more talking about the eyeball test. Also there's no way in hell we end up 7-5.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
From the Iowa Rivals FB board (so sue me, I read their off topic board and wandered over): HawkeyeReport.com - Message Boards

Two things:
1. Their QB has taken every snap this year. Zero backup experience.
2. He also has the least amount of TDs for a D1 QB since 1996

But it's okay, because next year KF's excuse will be "we have an inexperienced QB, give him time"

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
2. He also has the least amount of TDs for a D1 QB since 1996

Wow, that's an amazing statistic, especially for a QB who has taken every snap.

By the way, he def has issues at QB, but Iowa's receivers are really bad and drop a lot of easy passes. They even dropped an easy one, in the end zone, against us that would have really made for a different game.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Wow, that's an amazing statistic, especially for a QB who has taken every snap.

By the way, he def has issues at QB, but Iowa's receivers are really bad and drop a lot of easy passes. They even dropped an easy one, in the end zone, against us that would have really made for a different game.

I believe that was Weisman.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Something about glass houses and stones.

ISU certainly has a shot at a winning record and a bowl win. 7-6 is well within reach - even 8-5 is possible (but unlikely I will agree). Iowa is going to finish 4-8 with their easiest schedule in God knows how long.

Your "glass houses" comment doesn't apply here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron