Relive some of Jake Knott's best moments

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
That was awesome. It's weird feeling so emotionally attached to someone who wouldn't know me from joe if we met on the street but I can help but love that guy and everything he represents.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Great video! It's really cool to see the highlights from his younger days. I have a tendency to forget that the Knott's and Klein's of any team once played on special teams.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Great video! It's really cool to see the highlights from his younger days. I have a tendency to forget that the Knott's and Klein's of any team once played on special teams.

We had the best kick off coverage ever that year.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago, might have been during the TCU game. Jake Knott & AJ Klein are two of the best open field, one-on-one tacklers I've seen in a long time. And their pass coverage skills for the linebacker position are top notch. It's amazing how much better our defense is at tackling with a staff that emphasizes it during every single practice.

Thanks for everything, Jake. Can't wait to see you on Sundays.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
good linebacker for the past 4 years

our defense will take a large step backwards without jk20/ak47 patrolling the field

hopefully it doesnt result in less wins

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
good linebacker for the past 4 years

our defense will take a large step backwards without jk20/ak47 patrolling the field

hopefully it doesnt result in less wins
we can't replace those two, but hopefully, just like in basketball where we can't replace royce scotty, and allen, we can still improve and succeed.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Jake Knott has been a security blanket for our program for 3 years now. Time to grow up. He's gone but not forgotten.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Very good video. However, the highlight of his career was the hawkeye pick. I was hoping to see that again. I hope he can make a full recovery - whatever NFL team he plays on will be my new favorite.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Very good video. However, the highlight of his career was the hawkeye pick. I was hoping to see that again. I hope he can make a full recovery - whatever NFL team he plays on will be my new favorite.

I agree the pick against Iowa was huge but the tip that he had against OSU will still be the one that I remember forever.