Anyone else's Mediacom Cable Tv out in Ames?

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
On a completely unrelated note, my AOL TimeWarner cable is out here in Columbus, OH. Just makes me feel somewhat better than someone else is having issues elsewhere, even if it is in another state with another provider...

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
maybe we should start the conspiracy theories now with Mediacom outage and AOL Time Warner outage..

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Per @MediacomSupport on twitter, major outage in Iowa, working on fix, no ETA. They've been having all sorts of trouble recently, not sure what's going on.

dzmetcalf

Mar 3, 2010
Ames, IA
Per @MediacomSupport on twitter, major outage in Iowa, working on fix, no ETA. They've been having all sorts of trouble recently, not sure what's going on.
Major outage, go figure, well so much for doing my online reading tonight, must be the universe telling me I should take a night off and go out.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Since we're complaining about mediacom in here, i hate that they can't seem to get the cablecard thing right. They updated their channel mapping at some point and i found out the other day i've lost some of my local channels. No problem at all getting them through QAM tuning, but through the cablecard they don't work.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
To go along with this. Mediacom just jacked up my rates now that I am off the promotional rate. They offered a new 2 year contract for 118 per month (that includes my digital plus package) and high speed internet. What are other people paying?

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
To go along with this. Mediacom just jacked up my rates now that I am off the promotional rate. They offered a new 2 year contract for 118 per month (that includes my digital plus package) and high speed internet. What are other people paying?

Granted I'm not with Mediacom...

But I pay 119 a month with Charter for 2 Digital Cable Boxes and 5M High Speed internet. Hope that helps.

If you're unhappy, call them, threaten to cancel. They usually sweeten the deal.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Alarson, they told us to rescan all the channels; we did and all seemed well--until a few minutes ago!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Alarson, they told us to rescan all the channels; we did and all seemed well--until a few minutes ago!

Can't really rescan with a tivo\cablecard. All you can do is re-run guided setup, which i've done more than once now.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
My wife has been calling in all night since her job is online - apparently a major fiber optic cable got cut somewhere and TV/interwebz is down all over the place (specifically mentioned Ames, Fort Dodge, Ankeny, DSM). Estimated fix time is 2AM.