20 People Who Don't Know 'The Onion' is a Parody News Source

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
I'm inferring from his reference to 'the cruel joke that is existance' (his spelling not mine) that he's not a deeply religious person.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Let's just face facts here. People are reverse-evolving right now. Yes, the government is going to spend billions of dollars on a dragon-shaped piece of construction equipment or a human being is going to be put down because they have a broken bone. What's even more scary? These are the people that drive next to you in the morning or that you see in the market.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
How do we know that the people posting aren't being equally as satirical as the Onion articles themselves?

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I 100% agree with the reverse evolving... It is depressing to watch us get dumber. Most people would rather watch Honey Boo Boo, Real Housewives, The Bachelor, etc than go outside, watch the news, learn something, make something and etc.

I wish people were more informed. And by informed I mean I wish that they understood facts versus the crap that is spewed all the time. News organizations jump to conclusions in the name of infotainment, politicians out-right lie because they know that many will believe it as facts, and those that don't weren't going to vote for them anyway. I'm really tired of our populace being taken advantage of because we're (as a whole) too stupid now to realize what is happening.

Reactions: Bamacyclone

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I 100% agree with the reverse evolving... It is depressing to watch us get dumber. Most people would rather watch Honey Boo Boo, Real Housewives, The Bachelor, etc than go outside, watch the news, learn something, make something and etc.

I wish people were more informed. And by informed I mean I wish that they understood facts versus the crap that is spewed all the time. News organizations jump to conclusions in the name of infotainment, politicians out-right lie because they know that many will believe it as facts, and those that don't weren't going to vote for them anyway. I'm really tired of our populace being taken advantage of because we're (as a whole) too stupid now to realize what is happening.

and lazy.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Pandering to your target audience works in politics! I'm always offended when a politician shows up in Iowa in a flannel work shirt with sleeves rolled up. Plenty of people think "hey, he's just like me!". Really? The multi-millionaire on stage dressed like you and now they are just like you? Think again suckers!