Royce White or John Shurna

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Who do you think will have the better NBA career? I think both will be very good and I'd give the slight edge to White, but I would be interested in hearing your opinions on the relative draft stock and potential careers of each player.
Maybe you should watch the NCAA Tournament highlights of both...That will answer your question...:wink:

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
John Schurna will not have an NBA career until he learns how to shoot the ball above his head. He will get his **** blocked all day long in the NBA.

I've seen him play, in person, numerous times....he's not an NBA player right now. Not saying he's not a good player, but he's not an NBA player.
Actually if you watch an NBA game guys get wide open looks all the time. That does change in the playoffs. Schurna is probably better suited for playing overseas but he could stick with the right NBA team. Now if you talk about which player will have a better career after basketball, I think you have to go with Schurna.

WillieWildcat

Apr 21, 2012
Ouilmette, Illinois
Shurna won the three point challenge. Dude can flat out play. I think the Bulls will have a late first round pick and I could see either Shurna or Royce being picked around the time the Bulls will be selecting. I only saw Royce play against Kentucky and he looked very solid, but after the Marcus Pfizer experiment, I am leery of Iowa State players on the Bulls. BJ Armstrong was good, but I think we asked Pfizer to do too much. With Rose carrying the team, though, Royce wouldn't be asked to do as much.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Shurna won the three point challenge. Dude can flat out play. I think the Bulls will have a late first round pick and I could see either Shurna or Royce being picked around the time the Bulls will be selecting. I only saw Royce play against Kentucky and he looked very solid, but after the Marcus Pfizer experiment, I am leery of Iowa State players on the Bulls. BJ Armstrong was good, but I think we asked Pfizer to do too much. With Rose carrying the team, though, Royce wouldn't be asked to do as much.

FIRST OVERALL PICK!!!!!1!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You can't compare Royce's game with Fizers game, they are two totally different styles. And while Shurna has a shot to make it he sure as **** isn't going to be drafted in the 1st round.

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
Who do you think will have the better NBA career? I think both will be very good and I'd give the slight edge to White, but I would be interested in hearing your opinions on the relative draft stock and potential careers of each player.

Comparing an apple and an orange. A First Round pick vs. a Second Round pick or undrafted.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
109981143.jpg
white.jpg

936967.jpg

108010028_display_image.jpg

1108_SPO_WIOWA_BASKETBALL_BM0003-180x300.jpg
hamlin.jpg
1527242.jpeg
4f10b7c0ef142.image.jpg

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

pfizer.jpg

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that Shurna is a nice player and he could very well stick. He is a good shooter and can handle the ball. Royce is more of a brawler, but has a very good handle and unreal passing ability for a big. I think that RW will get drafted much higher and have a better career. If he can improve his shooting, which happens with most NBA players over time, he can be dominant. Shurna is more of a second round guy and future role player in the league at best.

As for Fizer, he didn't have Royce's overall game. Although, he was starting to play pretty well for the Bulls until the knee injuries took him out. Definitely a draft bust, but he wasn't totally at fault for that. No way RW is around when the Bulls pick.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC

While impressive, that's different than in a game. I used to be able to shoot over 60% from 3 point DURING SHOOTING PRACTICE. During a game of course, it's much lower. Way different story when someone is actually guarding you.

3 Point competition is about as useless as a home run derby if you're grading talent.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I only watched him in the one NCAA game but he shot from the chest each time from deep. I dont care how wide open you are the long armed guys from the NBA will be sending that back to him.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Lol this isn't even a question. Talked to someone really close to Royce... I think, besides isu fans others will be surprised! He is up there in the draft will be exciting where he actually goes!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron