Will there be any true freshman playing this fall?

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Perhaps Big Dawg, but that may just be internet legendry. He'd have to be a real stud, or we'd have to have injuries on the line, for him to get some PT.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I have no inside information, but I think one of the corners has a chance to come in and be in the 2 deep at corner. If that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me to see one of them play for similar reasons as Irving last year.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
We didnt play many true freshmen next year and it sounds like we have even more depth this year so I would be suprised to see too many playing. Except for the kicker coming in.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Oh, and the fact that none of them will play is GREAT. Until we start bringing in 5* guys, they should all redshirt....and after a few years we will have a 2-deep full of RS juniors and RS seniors, and that will be a very, very good thing.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Besides Cole Netten I don't see anyone playing -barring camp or early season injuries, except the Juco guys and small chance of a Pavlenko, Rogers, or White playing mainly for special teams.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
This and maybe West, depending on our WR situation. Williams maybe too if he is healthier and we have injuries on the Oline. Can't imagine anyone else given the depth we have at most positions.

I hope West can RS. I've heard he has talent, and if we can get a few more lbs on the guy, he could be a real beast of a WR. I hope he can spend his first 12 months here in the weight room.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Maybe a QB? I do not like our QB situation at this point. I think the D can be pretty solid but having a bottom 1/3 offense again in the Big 12 will not help things. Look back over the last decade and ISU has been pretty much in the bottom of the league for offense.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I hope West can RS. I've heard he has talent, and if we can get a few more lbs on the guy, he could be a real beast of a WR. I hope he can spend his first 12 months here in the weight room.

I doubt he plays with 3 redshirt freshmen, Tiller, Lenz, Gary, Horne, West, & Young playing.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Maybe a QB? I do not like our QB situation at this point. I think the D can be pretty solid but having a bottom 1/3 offense again in the Big 12 will not help things. Look back over the last decade and ISU has been pretty much in the bottom of the league for offense.

1UmjB.gif

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
White could play on special teams. Outside of that I don't see it. The corners may be the best players in the class but there is a lot in front of them and I don't think either will beat out Lynn or Richardson at least right away. I just don't see the huge need on special teams for the athletes to play there like they may have in the past either. Outside of Netten, I wouldn't be shocked to see a completely redshirted class. You never know though.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

West has NFL talent. If he can get to his ceiling he could be very good. When I think about the talent at WR we have gotten in the past couple classes, it's and incredible difference from the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the guys in the league. That's not saying they will, just that it could happen.

Holy crap. We don't even have an EE QB.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Wow. Really early to think Rohach will start. Unless he comes in and has a completion percentage of 85+% against our starting defense, it will Jantz or Barnett. Rohach is pretty touted, best to redshirt him and have him compete to start next year.