Will there be any true freshman playing this fall?

Discussion in 'Football' started by megamanxzero35, Apr 17, 2012.

1. PabloDiablo

PabloDiablo Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Physical Therapist
    Omaha, NE
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I see what your saying but think of him coming and getting in the weight room for a year. He is already 6'4" 255, with a year under Yancy could come out looking about 270. Put that opposite Irving in 2013 and watch the opposing QB wet their pants looking at our D Ends!

2. isufan

isufan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Iowa
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

I don't disagree that it might happen. I hope that we can stay healthy at linebacker and get by with Knott, Klein, George, Miller, and Morton for basically two linebacker spots. I hope all three freshmen linebackers can redshirt though.

Redshirt Junior or Senior > True Junior or Senior

3. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Ratings:
    +474 / 3 / -0
    And judging by CPR's quote, he feels it's better than you think that it is.

I'd expect Netten to play, but I really, really hope they save Aka, since there are so many ends. Morrissey as well. I could see White playing, in the same way that Knott and Klein played special teams as frosh.

4. isufan

isufan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Iowa
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

Which quote was that? Just wondering.

5. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    Ratings:
    +414 / 20 / -0

Agreed...

What have the QB's done to make anyone think this offense will be better than #8 tops in the Big 12? We have only been in the top half one time since Seneca left and I believe that was 2005 when ISU was #5. The offense has been TERRIBLE for years and we have seen these QB's are turnover machines. I hope they improve a ton before next season, even if they do they will be average.