***OFFICIAL PINSTRIPE BOWL POSTGAME THREAD***

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Well, that's going to leave a bad taste in the mouth for the offseason.

245 days until the start of the next college football season.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
It's going to be a rough off-season, but it was a great regular season. I'd rather have a 6-7 season than a 2-10 any day.

Man we're a mess at QB... no idea what's going on, but Rhoads needs to get this worked out.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Rhodes/Herman called a terrible game. Why in the world would you leave Jantz in the game after he throws his second pass right into the hands of the other team (even though it was dropped?) I am dumbfounded. He looked stoic on the sidelines. Tried the same plays over and over again with the same results. The D played generally well outside of the second quarter. Watching that game its amazing that they were able to win any games at all... Terrible coaching. Period.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
We needed more slants and screens and didn't do either until the end.

Jarvis' called back return was cool and crappy at the same time.

Saw the blocked field goal coming 2 weeks ago.

We abandoned the run too early.

Jeremy Reeves is awesome, but just a little too short.

The field (sod) sucked.

We just didn't get it done and looked lost. The inability to stop the run was sickening.

It's a good thing that Rutgers sucks, or we would have lost by 40+.

Gutsy play call on the big pass over Reeves to seal the win.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Rhodes/Herman called a terrible game. Why in the world would you leave Jantz in the game after he throws his second pass right into the hands of the other team (even though it was dropped?) I am dumbfounded. He looked stoic on the sidelines. Tried the same plays over and over again with the same results. The D played generally well outside of the second quarter. Watching that game its amazing that they were able to win any games at all... Terrible coaching. Period.

For God sakes man...its Rhoads. He is going to be our coach for another 10 years, time to learn how to spell his last name.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Did you want us to put in Bueker?

Watch the replay of Barnetts sack and fumble and you can see his ankle get rolled under, then he limped off the field and even limped out of the locker room at halftime.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I have held back on criticizing Herman, but that was one of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen in a bowl game and QB play in particular. It's not because Rutgers was some defensive iron wall, but we were hapless and helpless, laughably bad at QB.

We clearly have HUGE problems offensively with what was/should have been one of our best OL units in years. After this debacle, I'm looking forward to what Richardson can bring to the table. Ohio State can have Herman - I'm ready to see what Franklin can do for us.

Defense was average, with some moments of very poor tackling. We won the field position battle but lost the special teams overall. West about our biggest threat with the ball.

Not a good feeling to go into the winter with, but I'm overall happy with the season.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I hate watching them lose games that I feel that they should win every time. Jantz can pass... but he simply turns the ball over too much. I read on the other thread that Barrett was injured, so I suppose you can't blame them for leaving Jantz in...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Worst game of the season, IMO. The QB play was beyond terrible. The staff didn't adjust to the blitzs either. Just a poor, poor performance.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We've had 2 anemic offensive performances in bowl games. If we make it next year it's time for a different approach.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I was worried after Rutgers won that big game last night in b-ball. Tough loss, I think that if you play this game 10 times ISU wins 9 of them. That's how it goes. Bad playcalling and overall coaching didn't help.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I was worried after Rutgers won that big game last night in b-ball. Tough loss, I think that if you play this game 10 times ISU wins 9 of them. That's how it goes. Bad playcalling and overall coaching didn't help.

Based on what?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I can't think of one thing that the Cyclones did well for the whole game. Amazing that we were still in it with a few minutes left to go.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
The problem is we obviously didn't get much of anything out of the extra practices we had for the bowl game. That is suppose to be a time that is so great for player development and getting back to fundamentals but based on this performance we certainly didn't get any better and regressed in a lot of areas.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I can't think of one thing that the Cyclones did well for the whole game. Amazing that we were still in it with a few minutes left to go.

We returned kickoffs and punts well all game. That's something at least.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I asked AA in the Pregame chat if he thought that Rutgers having smaller faster Dlinemen (like UNI) would give us fits becuase of how you slant and shoot gaps to compensate for the lack of size. He didn't seem to think it would. I thought it would because in my experince with ISU quick slanting/gap shooting dlinemen always seem to give the zone read running game fits.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

We returned kickoffs and punts well all game. That's something at least.

Help Support Us

Become a patron