ISU Appears on "10 Plays that Shaped the CFB Season"

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Below. #8 but they are listed on chronological order. On a side note--could we look back on this and say ISU was the reason a college football playoff or "+1" finally happens...

The 10 plays that shaped the CFB season - Stats & Info Blog - ESPN

I hope not. The pressure to name an objective national champion could ruin some of the best aspects of college football. The bowls, as well as nearly every season game, is so important. I don't want to see anything that moves college football in the direction of March Madness.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
I hope not. The pressure to name an objective national champion could ruin some of the best aspects of college football. The bowls, as well as nearly every season game, is so important. I don't want to see anything that moves college football in the direction of March Madness.

Right. Except, you know, the one season game in which the #1 team eliminates a contender from the national title game. That one is completely unimportant.

It is interesting to note that no play in the Alabama-LSU game was mentioned as a "season shaper," proving that their match-up then (and now, in the Bowl) is irrelevant.

I'd love us to be the BCS Killer, with a Bullet.

This year's theme was "All In." Next year's should be "Plus One."

Last edited:

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I'm surprised that moment is #8, the title is after all the 10 plays that shaped the national championship race. If that is the case I sure think that LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma State plays would be right on the top...

Either way, more publicity for knocking off the #2 ranked Oklahoma State Cowboys!

D

DistrictCyclone

Would it have been that hard to mention who picked it off...?

No kidding, my first thought, too.

The one thing that sucks about that win is that it's being framed as "OSU's big loss" rather than "ISU's big win".

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
I like it - thanks for the post - I'm hoping ESPN includes the mad scene after the Okie St victory in their college football promos for the bowl season and into next season.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Right. Except, you know, the one season game in which the #1 team eliminates a contender from the national title game. That one is completely unimportant.

It is interesting to note that no play in the Alabama-LSU game was mentioned as a "season shaper," proving that their match-up then (and now, in the Bowl) is irrelevant.

I'd love us to be the BCS Killer, with a Bullet.

This year's theme was "All In." Next year's should be "Plus One."

We'll only be the BCS Killer as long as OKState doesn't lay an egg against Stanford. If they handily beat Stanford then the debate rages on. If OSU loses then it makes the system "right".

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
I'm surprised that moment is #8, the title is after all the 10 plays that shaped the national championship race. If that is the case I sure think that LSU, Alabama and Oklahoma State plays would be right on the top...

Either way, more publicity for knocking off the #2 ranked Oklahoma State Cowboys!

They are in order of when they occurred during the season.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan

redalert

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2011
Interestingly 3 of the 10 were the result of missed FGs inside 40 yards. Okie State's miss against us for the lead with a minute+ to go could have been included as well. And Bama's missed FG's against LSU...

Happens to the best of 'em. I hope we remember that the next time we meltdown over our kicking game.