JoePa Fired/What is happening at Penn State?!?!

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Enough to make your blood boil...(just read grand jury report) If I had witnessed these events, that pedo would have had his skull kicked in. No excuse!!! run off and tell your supervisor!!!!! How bout tackle the sum b***h to the ground and curb stomp him. Sorry for the rant but the world has no place for people like that. Straight to the gallows when the due process of law has been accompished

This is easy to say and I'm not defending the GA actions but I can somewhat understand why he didn't do anything initially. I really believe he was just completely and totally shocked and stunned by what he saw, probably to the point where he didn't trust his own eyes. If you had grown up a Cyclone fan in Ames, played for the Clones, then got a coaching job with them and out of nowhere one day you walk in and see a Cyclone great raping a kid in the shower, would you just run in and "curb stomp" him? It would be a completely traumatic event and I think he was just too shocked to act and I think a lot of people on here claiming they would kick his *** right away would act the same way in reality.

There is no excuse for him not going to the police after nothing was done about it later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
This is easy to say and I'm not defending the GA actions but I can somewhat understand why he didn't do anything initially. I really believe he was just completely and totally shocked and stunned by what he saw, probably to the point where he didn't trust his own eyes. If you had grown up a Cyclone fan in Ames, played for the Clones, then got a coaching job with them and out of nowhere one day you walk in and see a Cyclone great raping a kid in the shower, would you just run in and "curb stomp" him? It would be a completely traumatic event and I think he was just too shocked to act and I think a lot of people on here claiming they would kick his *** right away would act the same way in reality.

There is no excuse for him not going to the police after nothing was done about it later on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/opinion/dowd-personal-foul-at-penn.html?_r=1&smid=tw-NYTimesDowd&seid=auto

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I can't defend Joe Pa or Penn St. But just like conference realignment we don't know the facts. For all we know Joe went to the administrators several times and was told to mind his own business or leave the school. They may have told him it's already been taken care of and the athourities have been notified. I don't see it as the coaches responsibility to call the cops.

I call complete and total ********.

If someone isn't in jail soon after the report, you take it to the cops. Period. End of story. Thanks for playing. :confused:

DMICyclone

Oct 4, 2010
Ames
I can't defend Joe Pa or Penn St. But just like conference realignment we don't know the facts. For all we know Joe went to the administrators several times and was told to mind his own business or leave the school. They may have told him it's already been taken care of and the athourities have been notified. I don't see it as the coaches responsibility to call the cops.

443886152.gif

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
There are multiple reports of numerous (hundreds or thousands) of students that have marched onto campus. Credible sources say that police in riot gear are standing by along with ambulances, however everything has remained peaceful thus far.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_4ZNrY8B6Q]Penn State Sandusky Riot - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVgnb-eQ1J8[/ame]

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
“I’m here to support Joe Paterno, and the media is blowing this [the sex abuse scandal] way out of proportion,” he said.
The media is blowing a child molestation case out of proportion with 20 victims involved that PSU covered up? Yeah, you're right, its no big deal...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Seems likely JoPa will finish 2011, but be gone after that. Crazy.

Silver lining for PSU is this likely needed to happen outside of this issue. Sadly, JoPa will exit college football due to something like this.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
The media is blowing a child molestation case out of proportion with 20 victims involved that PSU covered up? Yeah, you're right, its no big deal...

95-100% of those students probably don't have a clue about the case and what is actually going on. It is very hard to blow something like this out of proportion when the number of affected continues to grow... :realmad:

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
OK. I have read all 19 pages of this thread and I am shocked that nobody has mentioned what seems obvious to me.....

I think that someone in the Penn State admin approached Sandusky about this long ago and he told them that not only would he deny it, but if it became public he would expose dirt on the univeristy - like detailed information about recruiting violations. Why else would they cover for this man for so many years and risk losing it all??

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
95-100% of those students probably don't have a clue about the case and what is actually going on. It is very hard to blow something like this out of proportion when the number of affected continues to grow... :realmad:

I think it's mostly stupidity and ignorance as well as the siege mentality.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

**** like this makes my blood boil and sick to my stomach.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Unless I have seen something personally or REALLY trust the person telling me, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable calling in the police.

Well, that's where you have to look at the credibility of the witness. And apparently, JoePa considered the witness to be trustworthy enough to hire him as one of his position coaches. I think that's an indication that JoePa considered the GA here to be a person of good character.

Allegations made by someone who's on his way out the door anyway? Fine, take those with a grain of salt; however, if you trust someone to help run your legacy why the hell wouldn't you believe them when they tell you, "I just saw one of your old buddies raping a kid"?

Unless, God forbid, it turns out that the guy was given the position in exchange for keeping his mouth shut. That would kick this thing up to a whole 'nother level of outrage.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
From March 2002 to Saturday, when Sandisgusting was arressted , six adults knew of this situation and did nothing. Nothing. What is wrong with these people.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
What about the parents? A number of these parents knew what happened years ago, if my child was molested i would have killed the SOB, case closed. A little tired of all the stones being casted at Joe Pa, did he do everything he could have? No.....but he wasn't the one in the shower with the kids. 50 years of doing good for young men and a community can't be forgotten so fast. Hindsight is always a lot clearer.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
=
Unless, God forbid, it turns out that the guy was given the position in exchange for keeping his mouth shut. That would kick this thing up to a whole 'nother level of outrage.

That's a million dollar question, isn't it ?

First when I assumed he is not in the program anymore, I was more willing to give him a "pass" as not doing the right thing: partly because I speculated that he was either too shocked or to scared but after knowing he's still in the program, I just thought he desperately wanted to stay in the program and be one of the "elite group of coaches".

And I'm curious why the cops eventually talked to him ? Didn't he go the cops eventually or did the cops interview him as part of their investigation ?