Cyclone Nation ALL IN!!!

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
Most of us here will be there. unfortunately, we aren't the fans that matter. The casual fans are who matter. And we have lost them this year

If this fan base waits for casual fans, then its a long uphill struggle. Yes, it nice to see JT sold out and we all know that the weather, etc. will continue to be an excuse for the "casual" fan not to come. We don't need that now. We need butts in the seats for those that have season tickets. They have already invested. Don't want the harvest excuse either. That's about done, so one Saturday at this point, is no excuse. And its Homecoming!

If someone could provide how U of IA attendance fared back in the days when they had something like 17-19 continuous losing seasons, I would love to see that stat. Against the capacity at the time

CloneAbuse

Oct 4, 2009
Clive, IA
For those in agriculture (I'm not), which we a have an extremely large contingent of, I'd guess that given the last 3 weeks the decision to be out in the field becomes much easier...

It's reality. The comment about if we had a 10 win season we'd need to expand is spot on. Given our base, if we ever truly had a GREAT season you wouldn't have room in the Jack. Just like the Mac years the coaching and performance on the field makes the decision, for those that truly have productive work they could be getting done, much easier.

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
I didn't know if I should post this here or in the Harbaugh/Swarrz thread, but Paul Rhoads needs to get crazy on the referees who are inadvertantly but oh-so-subconciously disrespecting us and removing us from competition. we know PR is happy and share our joy when we win, but I want to see the anger and outrage of a Johnny Orr or Tim Floyd when we are getting jobbed. I will show up for that....FIGHT for us. We had 12 years of "classy" coaching from Dan McCarney, and all it got him was the usual screw job and one holding call in his last game.....you can be "classy" when you are Ohio State's or USC's new coach....but we need to fight to get where we want to be. Heck, ISU has enough money to pay the stupid fines from the conference office....big deal. Call out the referees and show us that you are fighting. Win or lose, you may get this team and some fans back.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
My brother took me to the Iowa game yesterday. After losing to us in September and then losing to Penn State last week, I expected some empty seats. Surprisingly, the place was packed. And there were dozens of people outside the stadium looking for tickets. I couldn't believe it.

My point? If Iowa can create that much buzz and bring that many fans to a game after a few losses, why can't we?

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
My brother took me to the Iowa game yesterday. After losing to us in September and then losing to Penn State last week, I expected some empty seats. Surprisingly, the place was packed. And there were dozens of people outside the stadium looking for tickets. I couldn't believe it.
My point? If Iowa can create that much buzz and bring that many fans to a game after a few losses, why can't we?

I'm still waiting for that answer.

No disrespect intended to anyone on this site or the true Cyclone fan base, but IMO we spend a lot of time justifying why we don't show vs. why we will

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I didn't know if I should post this here or in the Harbaugh/Swarrz thread, but Paul Rhoads needs to get crazy on the referees who are inadvertantly but oh-so-subconciously disrespecting us and removing us from competition. we know PR is happy and share our joy when we win, but I want to see the anger and outrage of a Johnny Orr or Tim Floyd when we are getting jobbed. I will show up for that....FIGHT for us. We had 12 years of "classy" coaching from Dan McCarney, and all it got him was the usual screw job and one holding call in his last game.....you can be "classy" when you are Ohio State's or USC's new coach....but we need to fight to get where we want to be. Heck, ISU has enough money to pay the stupid fines from the conference office....big deal. Call out the referees and show us that you are fighting. Win or lose, you may get this team and some fans back.
Have you watched Rhoads at all? He argues with the refs quite a bit. Last year vs. Mizzou he was going baseball manager in the face of the ump for a whole commercial break. If refs could call technicals on the coach he would probably have one each game. He's not on a Eustachy level, but he gets pretty close when he wants to.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Adding to the millions... AND MILLIONS of posts that will happen. ALL IN GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

They needed a card stunt to create buzz. And Nothwestern was their super bowl this season :jimlad:

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006

Had we lost the previous 2 games by less than 10 points each etc (and also assuming we were competitive in all 4 quarters of each) I would expect another large crowd. It's the fact that the games we lose are hypothetically over after 3 quarters, albeit sometimes halftime. It's frustrating as a fan. I bet it's even more frustrating for the coaches and players as they're putting in the long hours each to week.

The motto that Rhoads has been preaching to this team is Peak and Plateau, we're currently seeing Peaks and Valley's. With all that said, I fully expect this team to start playing better.

Look at our bball team, we didn't have a great record last year, but we were, by a whole, competitive in each game (minus a few obviously) which keeps fans excited and ambitious to see what's next.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
Still don't get the obsession with the "casual fan". We don't need casual fans. We need real fans. And I know, I know. We start winning we get those.

Give me 1000 fans that are vocal, stay there to the end and cheer their team vs. 5000 that leave at half because we have a generous half time policy, I will take the 1000 anytime.

Again, only aimed at season ticket holders

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009

I really don't know what more you want out of CPR when it comes to dealing with refs. Heck, you could here him dropping a bunch of F-bombs during the broadcast last week while he was screaming at the refs. Maybe you just haven't been to a game or seen one on TV but the only thing he hasn't done yet is murder.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Not worried about attendance for this game. Homecoming + Nice Weather + all time season ticket record. There will be 50k there at kickoff.

The question is how long will they stay. That will be up to the FB team to show they can compete with A&M.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We just need to steal 2 out of 5 and take care of business against KU. It's not out of the question.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
The team is a little down right now. My guess is that they are working hard sacrificing their bodies and this is our opportunity help them out. How can we expect them to help us if we can't or don't help them. ALL IN!!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
People don't want to show up to see us get blown out. It is as simple as that. I won't be there on Saturday because I don't want to come away embarrassed for spending the time and the money to see us go down 21-0 in the first 5 minutes. And I'm a pretty big fan. Nobody wants to sit in the stands to see a team get humiliated. If we were competing on every play I'd be there to see a loss and cheer the team on their way to the lockeroom no matter what the score is. But I won't waste my time to see a 50+ point loss where the team doesn't even belong on the field.

Peggy

Sep 17, 2011
People don't want to show up to see us get blown out. It is as simple as that. I won't be there on Saturday because I don't want to come away embarrassed for spending the time and the money to see us go down 21-0 in the first 5 minutes. And I'm a pretty big fan. Nobody wants to sit in the stands to see a team get humiliated. If we were competing on every play I'd be there to see a loss and cheer the team on their way to the lockeroom no matter what the score is. But I won't waste my time to see a 50+ point loss where the team doesn't even belong on the field.

No you're not.