Cyclone Nation ALL IN!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
And that is why you suck. You will probably watch from home the rest of the year too huh?

Nope. Just when I have a wedding and a wedding reception I need to be at. Don't worry, seats will be filled.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
People don't want to show up to see us get blown out. It is as simple as that. I won't be there on Saturday because I don't want to come away embarrassed for spending the time and the money to see us go down 21-0 in the first 5 minutes. And I'm a pretty big fan. Nobody wants to sit in the stands to see a team get humiliated. If we were competing on every play I'd be there to see a loss and cheer the team on their way to the lockeroom no matter what the score is. But I won't waste my time to see a 50+ point loss where the team doesn't even belong on the field.

People are going to rip your post apart but they are going to miss the mark. All of this talk of "true fans" and BS like that is stupid. What qualifies as a "true fan"? Do you have to blow sunshine out of your ***? Were the true fans talking about how great we played against Mizzou, Baylor, and Texas and how we were just a couple of plays from winning those games?

To me... a true fan can tell it like it is. A true fan doesn't look for Danny Mac moral victories like "Well at least we held Mizzou under 600 yards", "Sure we lost to Texas but the offense looked solid in the 2nd half", or "Our pass defense looked great against Baylor so it doesn't matter that the 9th best back in the league averaged 10 yards per carry, ran for 3 touchdowns and over 200 yards"..... A true fan can call a spade a spade. Right now this team isn't playing good, they aren't executing on offense, they aren't blocking effectively, they aren't hanging on to the football, they aren't tackling well, they aren't covering well, etc.... Am I excited about the A&M game? You serious Clark? It is painful to watch ISU get crushed and quite frankly I don't blame anyone who decides they don't want to show up and see it happen. Would you show up to watch some mason jar freak from A&M beat your dog to death with a bat for 3 hours this Saturday? Probably not.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
People are going to rip your post apart but they are going to miss the mark. All of this talk of "true fans" and BS like that is stupid. What qualifies as a "true fan"? Do you have to blow sunshine out of your ***? Were the true fans talking about how great we played against Mizzou, Baylor, and Texas and how we were just a couple of plays from winning those games?

To me... a true fan can tell it like it is. A true fan doesn't look for Danny Mac moral victories like "Well at least we held Mizzou under 600 yards", "Sure we lost to Texas but the offense looked solid in the 2nd half", or "Our pass defense looked great against Baylor so it doesn't matter that the 9th best back in the league averaged 10 yards per carry, ran for 3 touchdowns and over 200 yards"..... A true fan can call a spade a spade. Right now this team isn't playing good, they aren't executing on offense, they aren't blocking effectively, they aren't hanging on to the football, they aren't tackling well, they aren't covering well, etc.... Am I excited about the A&M game? You serious Clark? It is painful to watch ISU get crushed and quite frankly I don't blame anyone who decides they don't want to show up and see it happen. Would you show up to watch some mason jar freak from A&M beat your dog to death with a bat for 3 hours this Saturday? Probably not.

I agree; a true fan doesn't have to be totally unrealistic. But I don't find someone to be a true fan that bails on the upcoming games just because the team has gotten clobbered. Being a true fan means that you are realistic about what your teams have to offer but you are there supporting them anyway.

Each fan makes their own decisions about whether to attend or not. However, there is a term for fans that have tickets and sit at home for no other reason than the team hasn't been playing well - and it isn't "true fan" or "pretty big fan" - it is bandwagon fan.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
guys a bowl game is still possible for us. as bleak as its looked the past 3 weeks, were actually not in too bad of shape to find 6 wins.

im calling it right now. amidst a 3 game losing streak... IF we beat Kansas at home and somehow beat Tech on the road or A&M at home. WE WILL FINISH THE REGULAR SEASON AT 6-6.

the final win will come @K-state who will finish the season on a 5 game losing skid.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Most of us here will be there. unfortunately, we aren't the fans that matter. The casual fans are who matter. And we have lost them this year.

If Cyclone fans continue to show up and have a phenomenal time, regardless of the outcome, others will join the ranks. There are a number of sports teams who are, like us, the very definition of futility. Yet fans flock to them season after season because the environment is a blast. For now, we will only win the occassional game. But this team will get better. Be there.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
If Cyclone fans continue to show up and have a phenomenal time, regardless of the outcome, others will join the ranks. There are a number of sports teams who are, like us, the very definition of futility. Yet fans flock to them season after season because the environment is a blast. For now, we will only win the occassional game. But this team will get better. Be there.

...not to mention there will be recruits at this game. You want a better team, show up and cheer and just maybe they'll go back thoroughly impressed and spread the word that the fans were incredible instead of eh it was freak'n cold up there.

Reactions: VeloClone

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
guys a bowl game is still possible for us. as bleak as its looked the past 3 weeks, were actually not in too bad of shape to find 6 wins.

im calling it right now. amidst a 3 game losing streak... IF we beat Kansas at home and somehow beat Tech on the road or A&M at home. WE WILL FINISH THE REGULAR SEASON AT 6-6.

the final win will come @K-state who will finish the season on a 5 game losing skid.

Yes, we will beat K-State. TT is beatable. KU we must. So after Saturday I count it as 7-5

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'm still going to wear my Cardinal and Gold. I'm still going to cheer for the team. I'm still going to send in my Cyclone Club checks. But if the team can't bother to show up to the field every game, I won't bother to show up to the stands for every game. It's a two way street.

GoldenBear

Sep 8, 2011
Johnston
I'm still going to wear my Cardinal and Gold. I'm still going to cheer for the team. I'm still going to send in my Cyclone Club checks. But if the team can't bother to show up to the field every game, I won't bother to show up to the stands for every game. It's a two way street.

They will show.

I agree, we have laid a bad egg the last three games. And honestly, not sure where to pin the blame. but, I think CPR is the man for the job and until he is proved different, I am there too.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
CPR will have the men ready to play. This will be a very close game with us having a Jantz to to win. I'm looking forward to the game and a loud energetic crowd. It's out duty to show up and cheer like Cyclones!!! And yes we need the recruits to have a great time and enjoy the experience as well.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Yes, we will beat K-State. TT is beatable. KU we must. So after Saturday I count it as 7-5

K-State right now is looking pretty unrealistic... ranked 11th in the BCS?

EDIT: Either way, I will support my Clones win or lose... though they do make it difficult to be a Cyclone fan, at times...

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
K-State right now is looking pretty unrealistic... ranked 11th in the BCS?

EDIT: Either way, I will support my Clones win or lose... though they do make it difficult to be a Cyclone fan, at times...

I agree that game is down the road anyway. That way the next game is so important. All games are winnable until the fat lady sings.

wyldeone

Jun 13, 2010
CPR will have the men ready to play. This will be a very close game with us having a Jantz to to win. I'm looking forward to the game and a loud energetic crowd. It's out duty to show up and cheer like Cyclones!!! And yes we need the recruits to have a great time and enjoy the experience as well.

AMEN my friend, AMEN!!!!

LET'S GO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: VeloClone