Garage Sale Finds

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Garage Sales aren't so bad after all.

Found this old thing looking for a new home in MN. Not in mint condition but I think I can find a home for it in the new man-cave.

That got me thinking. What kind of cool things have you found at a garage/rummage sale?

Reactions: AlleyAddict

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
My mom got my younger brother a Iowa State Golf bag. Nothing fancy, no pockets on it. She found it at a garage sale.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
not really ISU related, but I bought a dusty old bike with the right brand on it at an Ames garage sale for $5 and was able to get $75 trade-in value for it that afternoon at a shop in Ankeny.

my one good garage sale find in 32 yrs of frequenting them ... but I still like em nonetheless

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That got me thinking. What kind of cool things have you found at a garage/rummage sale?

Later in life my mother liked to browse garage sales. She would occasionally get an ISU item. Most were junk but I do like the old Cy figurine (see picture) she found for me. It’s sort of vintage kitsch.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
About 10 years ago I got a book of ISC songs (music and lyrics) from the 1920's at a garage sale. Had a picture of a guy and coed on the front with an ISC pennant, I believe.

Can't remember if I still have it or not.

Rio4CY

Sep 29, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Well, it is not from a garage sale, but my wife found an autographed Seneca Wallace jersey at Goodwill for a few bucks...she didn't even know it was signed until she had it on at a tailgate and someone commented about it. It now is framed in my basement!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well, it is not from a garage sale, but my wife found an autographed Seneca Wallace jersey at Goodwill for a few bucks...she didn't even know it was signed until she had it on at a tailgate and someone commented about it. It now is framed in my basement!
winning.

Help Support Us

Become a patron