Haunted houses/hayrides/etc

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Any good ones people reccomend?

We went to the "Heart of Darkness" haunted house just to the east of Waterloo last night. I think they have a website though I'm not sure what it is.

Anyway, best $8 ever spent - it was truely the best one I've ever been to, they had to have 40 people working there. Blows the heck out of the Haunted Forest in Ames.

We're thinking about trying the old police station in Cedar Rapids yet this week - heard it was supposed to be pretty good.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I hate haunted houses. Have you ever seen the video of the guy who gets scared by another guy coming out of the trash can and punching him. That is me. I get scared and start in with the self defense. It is either fight or flight. If I chose flight, I would probably be one of them that pees their pants when scared. :eek:

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
The haunted forest in Ames isn't too bad. One time I was there and one of the people who was working was somebody we knew and she has a very distinct voice so when she did her little scare tatic we all laughed because we knew it was her. But otherwise it is something nice to do that is a little different.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The haunted forest in Ames isn't too bad. One time I was there and one of the people who was working was somebody we knew and she has a very distinct voice so when she did her little scare tatic we all laughed because we knew it was her. But otherwise it is something nice to do that is a little different.

I thought the haunted forest was LAME!!! I have really bad nightvision and yet I still saw everything coming my way - and their definition of trying to "scare" you is running up to you and screaming. The only thing remotely cool about the forest was the spinning tunnel that you walked through that made you want to fall over the railing, but other than that I found it to be the definition of lame, even at a level worse than "Field of Screams" in Davenport (they turn John O'Donnell Stadium into a haunted house every year - it's never really any good). The only haunted house that I've thought was even remotely cool was Goreville Manor (one of the frats/sororities), but still, everytime someone charged at me with a circular saw, I kept thinking "what the heck are you doing?"

Sorry, I guess I'm just not an easy scare.

(Signed: Debbie Downer)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron