Need advice on selling JO/JW posters

KerinKO

Apr 11, 2006
Ames
I have all 5 of the Johnny Orr/Jim Walden Bartles and Jaymes posters and I want to sell them, but not sure where would be the best place to list them, and also what they are worth. They are framed, not professionally, but framed none the less, and are in good shape. I thought Craigslist would be the easiest, then thought maybe I should put them up for auction on EBay. Does anybody have any advice/suggestions? Thanks.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I have all 5 of the Johnny Orr/Jim Walden Bartles and Jaymes posters and I want to sell them, but not sure where would be the best place to list them, and also what they are worth. They are framed, not professionally, but framed none the less, and are in good shape. I thought Craigslist would be the easiest, then thought maybe I should put them up for auction on EBay. Does anybody have any advice/suggestions? Thanks.

Actually, there were six Walden/Orr posters produced. Tell me which ones you have and I can tell u which one you are missing from the six posters total.

$100 a pop minimum each, you own a piece of history in each one. Don't underestimate what u have here.

I had framed professionally all six and wouldn't sell mine for anything near $100.

Last edited:

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
$100 each is pretty steep. I get people that want to give them away every once in a while. I think $30-40 a piece is more realistic plus whatever the frame is worth...some frames are worth a hundred to several hundred bucks. Anyway, would someone pay $100...maybe, people do strange stuff but I really don't think that is their value. You could test one on ebay or craigslist and see what it brings. If you are happy with the price then sell the rest. If it goes for a lot less then maybe hang on to them or sell them another time.

KerinKO

Apr 11, 2006
Ames
Actually, there were six Walden/Orr posters produced. Tell me which ones you have and I can tell u which one you are missing from the six posters total.

$100 a pop minimum each, you own a piece of history in each one. Don't underestimate what u have here.

I had framed professionally all six and wouldn't sell mine for anything near $100.

I will look at them tomorrow and list the ones I have. I thought I had them all, guess I was wrong! Thanks for your help.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I will look at them tomorrow and list the ones I have. I thought I had them all, guess I was wrong! Thanks for your help.

HERE ARE THE SIX POSTERS THAT WERE MADE. The posters by main theme were:

1. Cooler Coaches

2. Gambler / Dealer

3. Iowa State of Mind

4. Magical Coaches

5. Student Body Sweep

6. Restock Our Stadium

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

Craigslist, if you are in central Iowa where the concentration of ISU fans is the most.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Does anyone have pictures of these? I've seen the ad where there in front of Laverne but none of the others.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Wow, I have all 6 of them, and a few of them are signed... I should pull them out of that box in the basement.

KerinKO

Apr 11, 2006
Ames
HERE ARE THE SIX POSTERS THAT WERE MADE. The posters by main theme were:

1. Cooler Coaches

2. Gambler / Dealer

3. Iowa State of Mind

4. Magical Coaches

5. Student Body Sweep

6. Restock Our Stadium

The only one I am missing is number 2 -- I know I had it at some point but must have got lost in one of my moves. I think I've decided to try Craigslist. If that doesnt work, I'll try them in a garage sale. And if THAT doesn't work, I guess I'll keep them!

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I have a couple of them framed as well that i will never sell. Even though i was not a big walden fan. It is just great isu history that i hold dear. The best thing I have is though is the team poster of the basketball team in 93-94 all signed by the team and coaches. I had it professionally framed and have always found a place to have it hung up in my house.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I think I have an autographed Paul Shirley Minnesota Timberwolves rookie card at my parent's house. Think I can get any money for that?:skeptical: