My KU Theory

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
First off I'm not trying to compare the programs head to head all-time because it isn't close of course. But I think it's more than a coincidence that KU keeps showing up with offers with kids we want. KU is scared of a good ISU team. They could go get just about anybody they want but they show up on the radar of kids we want. I'd buy it if it was just Iowa kids but Boston? That's stalking.

Why are they scared of good ISU teams? Look at our history compared to the rest of the Big XII. I know at one time we had as many wins in Lawrence as the rest of the league combined. There's a reason Manning never won in Ames and his name is Grayer. The year Hoiberg won the conference tourney I know we beat Kansas I think it was the Semis. Tinsley never lost to Kansas. When Missouri and K-State are good they still come up short with the J-Hawks.

When I go to KC for the tourney I usually stay for the whole session. The exception is when we beat Kansas. When that happens I head straight for the car listening to the meltdown on talk radio is the highlight of the entire weekend.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Take off your tinfoil hat and go enjoy the outdoors for a while.

*Well, you can wait until the game @ KSU is over.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Take off your tinfoil hat and go enjoy the outdoors for a while.

*Well, you can wait until the game @ KSU is over.

It does help my reception.

Look at the Apple-whatever kid Kansas didn't use him, they just didn't want us to have him.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
I don't think they're scared of us, I think every year they offer a few kids who are kind of sleepers. They don't only offer the "blue-chip" prospects. Look at Brady Morningstar or Tyrel Reed.
Brady Morningstar - Yahoo! Sports

Tyrel Reed - Yahoo! Sports

3-star kids out of high school, neither had great offers (Reed had a few other decent ones, but Kansas was the best by far) now they both play significant minutes and have started a bit and been a good players for them for a few years now.

Point is, although they get a lot of the amazing players (Selby, Morris Twins, ect.), they have some 3-star kids that have a lot of upside and they're able to foster their talent.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I don't think they're scared of us, I think every year they offer a few kids who are kind of sleepers. They don't only offer the "blue-chip" prospects. Look at Brady Morningstar or Tyrel Reed.
Brady Morningstar - Yahoo! Sports

Tyrel Reed - Yahoo! Sports

3-star kids out of high school, neither had great offers (Reed had a few other decent ones, but Kansas was the best by far) now they both play significant minutes and have started a bit and been a good players for them for a few years now.

Point is, although they get a lot of the amazing players (Selby, Morris Twins, ect.), they have some 3-star kids that have a lot of upside and they're able to foster their talent.

I think these 2 guys had something to do with the KU Ticket Scandal and the relation ship with KU Pump and run....

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
KU offers 4-5 star kids because they are a top 5 basketball program and the best players want to play for the best teams. They don't offer anyone just because ISU is recruiting them. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Seems to me KU almost make Auburn football look clean. I mean, who needs to offer a lump sum cash amount when you can just hire somebody's dad for a couple years, coincidentally the years, when their sons are at KU.

Just saying.

fku

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
KU offers 4-5 star kids because they are a top 5 basketball program and the best players want to play for the best teams. They don't offer anyone just because ISU is recruiting them. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

You should go back and read your own posts lot of judging other but no substance.
You may not agree with my conclusion but my facts are indisputable.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
You should go back and read your own posts lot of judging other but no substance.
You may not agree with my conclusion but my facts are indisputable.

Yeah. Your right. Kansas waits for Iowa State to offer kids because they don't want them beating them. Your a ******* moron.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
and you're illiterate

I think his point still stands.

KU or any other program for that matter doesn't recruit players solely because somebody else is. They offer kids that they want for their program. For their system.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
and you're illiterate

There you go.

Linguo.jpg

Sentence fragment

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
First off I'm not trying to compare the programs head to head all-time because it isn't close of course. But I think it's more than a coincidence that KU keeps showing up with offers with kids we want. KU is scared of a good ISU team. They could go get just about anybody they want but they show up on the radar of kids we want. I'd buy it if it was just Iowa kids but Boston? That's stalking.

Why are they scared of good ISU teams? Look at our history compared to the rest of the Big XII. I know at one time we had as many wins in Lawrence as the rest of the league combined. There's a reason Manning never won in Ames and his name is Grayer. The year Hoiberg won the conference tourney I know we beat Kansas I think it was the Semis. Tinsley never lost to Kansas. When Missouri and K-State are good they still come up short with the J-Hawks.

When I go to KC for the tourney I usually stay for the whole session. The exception is when we beat Kansas. When that happens I head straight for the car listening to the meltdown on talk radio is the highlight of the entire weekend.

You serious Clark?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Children please....this board used to have a lot of "Credibility" with me but after reading this thread its gonna take a big bottle of Abolute to soak my head in to regain my well...."well being" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bickering over the jaysquawks is very unseemly for a fanbase as intelligent as ours is......

Ever been to allen fieldhouse?...Its a DUMP baby and I mean a DUMP...

THEY DONT CALL'EM THE CHEATING JAYHAWKS FOR NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Oh, so that's how KU got the Morris twins out of Penn. and Taylor out of Jersey; we went after all three of them before KU had ever heard of these guys, since we recruit that area consistently. Then, when Self found out, he immediately offered those guys. Of course, there were a couple of other big programs after the Twins, but, hey, Self wasn't interested until we were. Self is really a clever guy with, I must say, a unique recruiting strategy. Wonder if that strategy will spread nationwide.