Lattimer arrested last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Musta been ripping some arms off people.

Edit: Looks like assault on a peace officer and interference with official acts. Probably bumped a cop while they were breaking up something.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Musta been ripping some arms off people.

Edit: Looks like assault on a peace officer and interference with official acts. Probably bumped a cop while they were breaking up something.

This sounds about right. Police will usually pile on as many charges as they can to be on the safe side. I doubt it will end up too bad.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I hate to say it but if it turns out bad he needs to miss some games. Not trying to be pious or anything its the right thing to do IMO.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
If that charge stays as serious assault on a police officer, I don't think we will see him back in Cardinal and Gold. Which really sucks because I expected great things from him.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
My guess is out of Spring Ball, and out for the UNI game. Maybe Iowa, too.

If you touch a cop, you'll get charged with Assaulting a Peace Officer. It doesn't mean he was beating the **** out of a cop by any stretch.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
If that charge stays as serious assault on a police officer, I don't think we will see him back in Cardinal and Gold. Which really sucks because I expected great things from him.

It's not a serious assault, it's assault on a peace officer, which is a serious misdemeanor. Same charge level as OWI I think.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
It's not a serious assault, it's assault on a peace officer, which is a serious misdemeanor. Same charge level as OWI I think.
Correct. The Assault on a Peace Officer charge makes an assault that would otherwise be a simple misdemeanor (lowest level offense) a serious misdemeanor.
So if he is charged with a serious misdemeanor, it means they are alleging that he assaulted the officer but did not cause bodily injury, etc. Not to make excuses, but this could be charged for a something as simple as a shove or even spitting on the officer. I don't condone any of those acts--I can't think of any instance where it is acceptable to assault a police officer (barring a bad cop and self-defense issues, etc). But the level of the offense is not indicative of him causing injury, using a weapon, etc.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
These are the charges he was brought in for, his suspension will be based on what actually sticks. Does he have prior arrest? If not charges would more than likely be reduced.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Generally it's best to wait and see what the facts really are before making judgements about these kinds of things.

However, we do have the motto of "Honor before Victory" that the players pay homage to as they walk into Jack Trice.

So, is this saying just lip music, or is it the truth? In IC, it is Victory before Honor. I just don't want our program to become like that.

So, I hope the penalty is harsh. I'm really getting sick and tired of what collegiate athletics has become. Nobody cares about these kids as individuals. It's always just doing whatever you can to cheat the system and get them back on the field so they can help you win games, instead of punishing the kid and making him learn a valuable lesson.

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
Only other charge I can find for him in Iowa has been a seat belt ticket. So he has at least stayed out of trouble until now.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
What is O/U on number of replies in thread discussing punishment for unknown facts (barring duplicate threads, which of course there will be at least 4 others). I say 175.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
Generally it's best to wait and see what the facts really are before making judgements about these kinds of things.

However, we do have the motto of "Honor before Victory" that the players pay homage to as they walk into Jack Trice.

Agree with this.

So, is this saying just lip music, or is it the truth? In IC, it is Victory before Honor. I just don't want our program to become like that.

So, I hope the penalty is harsh. I'm really getting sick and tired of what collegiate athletics has become. Nobody cares about these kids as individuals. It's always just doing whatever you can to cheat the system and get them back on the field so they can help you win games, instead of punishing the kid and making him learn a valuable lesson.

Disagree with you here - I believe CPR and the ISU coaches care about the individual players. Not so much at some other colleges.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
One F-Bomb equals serious assault on an officer. Not too concerned yet.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008

I'm sure the penalty will be appropriate. It's why I don't make fun of Iowa or Nebraska or Florida about their issues because in the end it usually evens out. Hell, most of Iowa's charges are stupid drinking ones that no one really cares about. Yeah, we make fun of them for the number, but the details don't support the issue some lazy news organizations put out there. I would imagine we're looking at a game or two next fall pending all details and no more trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.