Aaron Harrison, the twins' father

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
Thought it was better to start a new thread for this because it sounds like Anthony Odunsi shouldn't be the focal point. Anyway, someone mentioned in the other thread that Aaron Harrison, the twins' father, constantly yells at Odunsi. From these articles it looks like he is an AAU coach and he isn't going to have the twins play high school ball anymore

Inside the Houston's No. 1 Travis Basketball Suspensions | VYPE MAGAZINE - West Houston Boys' Basketball | iHigh.com

"They won't be playing Monday and I'm not sure that they will be coming back," father Aaron Harrison said. "They are 90-percent done for the season. I'm going to let them decide about this season, but I'm not going to subject them to what happened this year."

Odunsi has signed with Iowa State, while the Harrison twins are two of the most sought after 2013 prospects in the country. With dozens of offers between them ranging from Texas to UCLA, the Harrisons could opt to not play high school basketball their final two years.

"They will be going to Travis as students, but they may not be playing," Harrison said. "It's an unfortunate situation."

Orlando team tops in AAU national Championship » The Commercial Appeal

"I think we played very well. We showed a lot of hustle," said Defenders coach Aaron Harrison, the twins' father.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Sounds like Dad has more of an issue with the coach than Odunsi.
Otherwise they'd play next year. Playing only AAU may turn some
of the bigtime schools off. I'm guessing they find a better fit next year.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
The video sure looks like most of the rest of the team was supporting #23 at the end of the fight? To me anyway...

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
The video sure looks like most of the rest of the team was supporting #23 at the end of the fight? To me anyway...

Agreed. The Harrison kid is left on his own acting like a baby at the end of the video while Odunsi is walked back to the bench by basically the whole team.

This sounds like a case of some great parenting going on in the Harrison family. I don't care how talented they are I wouldn't want that family around my basketball program if I was the coach. Basically the dad sounds like he fits in nicely with the rest of the scum involved with AAU basketball.

Help Support Us

Become a patron