Tickets NOT available?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Just checked on Cyclones.com and Ticketmaster.

No tickets available. Why? I'm pretty sure it's not sold out. What if I wanted to head up with ticket in hand?

One of the reasons says that tickets may not be available for sale hours before event starts.

Again, why?

Just about everywhere else that I can think of (Civic Center, ICubs, heck even Iowa FB games) you can buy tickets after the event has started.

I wasn't buying into the blame being put on the AD for the student ticket issues. But I'm being converted.

Well, I suppose it could be sold out.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest

No tickets available. Why? I'm pretty sure it's not sold out. What if I wanted to head up with ticket in hand?

One of the reasons says that tickets may not be available for sale hours before event starts.

Again, why?

Just about everywhere else that I can think of (Civic Center, ICubs, heck even Iowa FB games) you can buy tickets after the event has started.

I wasn't buying into the blame being put on the AD for the student ticket issues. But I'm being converted.

Or they moved the ticket sales to the Jacobsen Building for the game?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
A guy I work with tried to get tickets a few hours ago, and all they said they had available was hillside. Could be that it's sold out.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
A guy I work with tried to get tickets a few hours ago, and all they said they had available was hillside. Could be that it's sold out.

You should call into Perrault with that for all he was going off on how the fanbase was so apathetic for this season.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

I was checking this morning as I was thinking of going, and they had tickets in N (about 35 yd line).

And TONS in the corners earlier in the week.

Hopefully it's sold out. But I'd think it'd say SOLD OUT. The reasons made it sound more like policy than nothing available.
Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.
  • Tickets may not be on sale yet
  • Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later
  • Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs
  • On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office

Last edited:

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
What are you talking about? We didn't have a game under 40K last year.

the guy on here the other day complaining how he was tired of only having 35,000 attendance games. I was being sarcastic, but my smilies don't work

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
the guy on here the other day complaining how he was tired of only having 35,000 attendance games. I was being sarcastic, but my smilies don't work

I have no clue what's going on there, but they work if you click the "advanced" button under quick reply.

:jimlad: :jimlad
:biglaugh: :biglaugh
:wink: :wink
:smile: :smile
:confused: :confused
:sad: :sad
:frown: :frown
:mad: :mad
:realmad: :realmad

Add a : to the end of those commands.

Last edited:

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
could be that it's too close to kickoff, i think i remember seeing that you can't buy tix a certain amount of time before kickoff, but i could be wrong

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
could be that it's too close to kickoff, i think i remember seeing that you can't buy tix a certain amount of time before kickoff, but i could be wrong

I'm sure you're right. But why?

A couple season ago, we dubunked Iowa's "sellout" claim because somebody here was able to purchase 100 tickets, or something like that, after the game had kicked off.

Why would you do anything to prevent a person from giving you money? Heck, if Iowa can sell tickets up to and after kick........

tube1

Oct 19, 2006

Again, why?

Thoughts and pray...wait..."best wishes" if you try to head up and find a scalped ticket for you and your son.

:wink:

Reactions: DaddyMac

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
Hmm... I really doubt it's sold out, and they always talk about wanting a good walk-up crowd. I would assume that means you can get tickets at the ticket office right up to game time.

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
Outside of UI and N games, I think you can always get a ticket by walking up to ticket counter. I have never had a problem when I walked up.