College Football Rankings according to Rivals.Com

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
KU and colorado are up pretty high. wow Middle Tennessee and Ohio are ahead of us. in fact look at the 5 teams ahead of us. thats ridiculous

Last edited:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Depends how you rank teams...

Better records... or better teams.

We are better than a lot of the teams ahead of us.

Then again, if I was doing a top 120 teams list.. I pretty much wouldnt care after 40 because the rest are all pretty equal until you get to about 90

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
I dont think I would rank Iowa number 9.

Good thing they're ranked 8th, then, huh?

As for the rankings themselves, the main page doesn't really show much, but the preview page goes into more depth.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1111802

The only thing I really disagree with is that Murray is a such an amazing kicker. Yeah, he'll be remembered for that PSU kick in '08, but there is still a lot of weak spots. First, his leg isn't all that powerful. Kickoffs don't seem to travel past the 15 yard line, and I'm not entirely sure about accuracy for longer kicks. More worrying is the fact that people have noted a change in his technique, in that he's kicking more line drive kicks (perhaps to gain power?). While he was 19 of 26 last year, he missed a field goal in each of our losses, which when you consider the scores, could have been crucial in the long run.

As for Iowa State...
It looks like they're ranking you guys low for the following reasons:
1) Mistake prone QB
2) A weak defense last year, made worse by a new LB corp, and lack of depth on the line
3) Inconsistent kick game
4) A tough schedule that presumably lowers expectations for the team?

Last edited:

sandhawk20

Sep 16, 2008

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
A couple of odd picks in their top five. Drop NU and Oregon behind UF, UT, and Iowa and then you're getting more reasonable. NU would still be overrated...CU and KU too high. ISU and KSU too low. I don't think KSU is going to be all that great, but 83rd?!?