Just got shut down on HN

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't get it. I clearly made it known I was an Iowa State fan, and I was involved in a discussion about Nebraska and Iowa. Even though I might get **** here by admitting this, I was very complementary of Iowa, and was bashing NU...HARD.

I was just about to respond to another snide comment made by some d-bag, and I couldn't post. Again, I don't get it, but guess I really don't care. Just wondering if someone is shut down here, are they told why??

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I don't even remember why, but months ago I tried to register there using obscure spy names as my ID, and it rejected them all. I mean I tried about five of them, starting with Aldrich Ames, John Andre and ending with some Russian of the 1940's. Anyway, you made it further than I did...

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Most of them post more here, than on HN anyway. Just head to the rivals board.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
All they talk about on the board anymore is ISU, so you can read more factual ISU stuff here.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Iowa sucks.

Yes...no argument here, I just found myself in a tough spot...determining which fanbase was worse. After reading some of the NU posts, I am leaning that way, and I didn't think that was entirely possible.

I hate NU with every fiber of my being now.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I don't get it. I clearly made it known I was an Iowa State fan, and I was involved in a discussion about Nebraska and Iowa. Even though I might get **** here by admitting this, I was very complementary of Iowa, and was bashing NU...HARD.

I was just about to respond to another snide comment made by some d-bag, and I couldn't post. Again, I don't get it, but guess I really don't care. Just wondering if someone is shut down here, are they told why??

If your posts included more than gibberish and were actually intelligible to common humans, they probably thought you were some kind of prankster posting in a foreign language...

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
If you look at the numbers there, that site is pathetic. Their threads usually contain about 5-10 posts and that's it. Also, the last time I was there, there were four threads all related to ISU on the front page, yet they claim not to be "obsessed" with ISU, and those four threads have the most discussion. There are three or four people who dominate every thread over there. It is a sad excuse of a message board.

Legend12

May 9, 2008
If your posts included more than gibberish and were actually intelligible to common humans, they probably thought you were some kind of prankster posting in a foreign language...

I doubt that was the case when the OP obviously does not know the difference between complementary and complimentary.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
pretty soon all the iowa fans will be posting on CF and the cyclone fans will all be over on HN