Am I the only one that thinks this??

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
Being it my first game back....I can never remember the atmosphere as electric in the past for similar type caliber foe. I thought the crowd was great..the band was awesome (usual)...and the game was great. This board is filled with threads of one complaint or another...from everything on a band miscue to stadium song selection. I was just pickled joyous to be there and to give out another obnoxious "fiiiiirrrrrsssstttt dooooowwwwnnnn!" blast.

and give me more of the "premature" cannon misfires....keeps me from doing the liquid nod-off into my neighbor's lap

Last edited:

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
I agree with you. The stadium was looking like it was November and we were playing for a Big XII North Title. The upper deck was close to full, the crowd was very red! (Great job everyone, just remember to wear gold at the Nebraska game!)

When I have been reading all the various complaints about the game I just keep thinking that WE WON THE GAME!!! Yea somethings could have gone better but come on do you guys just have to have something to complain about or what?! I am just happy that we won and am looking forward to march into Kinnick and kick @$$ against the Hawks.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I agree with you. The stadium was looking like it was November and we were playing for a Big XII North Title. The upper deck was close to full, the crowd was very red! (Great job everyone, just remember to wear gold at the Nebraska game!)

When I have been reading all the various complaints about the game I just keep thinking that WE WON THE GAME!!! Yea somethings could have gone better but come on do you guys just have to have something to complain about or what?! I am just happy that we won and am looking forward to march into Kinnick and kick @$$ against the Hawks.

I agree 100% with you. I was more than happy to be at the game on Saturday night...

BEAT IOWA!!

GO CYCLONES - IOWA CITY GETS HIT WITH ANOTHER CYCLONE THIS SATURDAY

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Being it my first game back....I can never remember the atmosphere as electric in the past for similar type caliber foe. I thought the crowd was great..the band was awesome (usual)...and the game was great. This board is filled with threads of one complaint or another...from everything on a band miscue to stadium song selection. I was just pickled joyous to be there and to give out another obnoxious "fiiiiirrrrrsssstttt dooooowwwwnnnn!" blast.

and give me more of the "premature" cannon misfires....keeps me from doing the liquid nod-off into my neighbor's lap

That's what you missed that Thursday night, bud! Even though there were only 42,000 of us there, we were loud as hell. I'm really disappointed, now, that I won't be able to attend the Nebraska game, because it's probably going to set attendance records.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
That's what you missed that Thursday night, bud! Even though there were only 42,000 of us there, we were loud as hell. I'm really disappointed, now, that I won't be able to attend the Nebraska game, because it's probably going to set attendance records.

another awesome sight....Cy making the rounds in my section...holding babies and palming hands like it was an election year...those in the costume are fantastic

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Guess people are complaining because they are worrying about the Iowa game and will we do okay. The water is over the Dam Rebels, but we have another Dam downstream on the Big12 River to meet on Saturday: Dam Iowa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron