7 Days

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
7 days (assuming we do not win the first game in the B12 tourney).
Then it will be time for Mr. Pollard to show up & tell the masses what the future of Cyclone Basketball will look like.

If he fires Mac next weekend, and waits for an assistant coach of a big name program (assuming they are still playing in the NCAA tourney), it could be 2 - 3 weeks before the new coach is named. Without a replacement, the the recruits and current team members could get very "itchy" and start jumping ship and the program will go back and start from scratch.

Get used to hearing wait until year 3 (or 4) so the new coach has his players on the team. :no:

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
7 days (assuming we do not win the first game in the B12 tourney).
Then it will be time for Mr. Pollard to show up & tell the masses what the future of Cyclone Basketball will look like.

If he fires Mac next weekend, and waits for an assistant coach of a big name program (assuming they are still playing in the NCAA tourney), it could be 2 - 3 weeks before the new coach is named. Without a replacement, the the recruits and current team members could get very "itchy" and start jumping ship and the program will go back and start from scratch.

Get used to hearing wait until year 3 (or 4) so the new coach has his players on the team. :no:

Exactly.

- A coaching change will cause players to leave in droves.
- A coaching change will cause recruits to go elsewhere.
- A coaching change will set us back 3-4 years.
- No way a new coach can have any success.

Very truly yours,

Paul Rhoads

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Exactly.

- A coaching change will cause players to leave in droves.
- A coaching change will cause recruits to go elsewhere.
- A coaching change will set us back 3-4 years.
- No way a new coach can have any success.

Very truly yours,

Paul Rhoads

No one left when he was hired correct?
I think that if we were to get BG, a lot of players would stay because of his up tempo offense. but then again, i could be wrong.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Okay so this is been bothering me for quite some time, who exactly are you and how do you know so much about the team... coach, player, mop boy, WHO!!! we're all dying to know here KG:yes:
KG is Bruce Van DeVelde.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I've been flat out telling you, Mac is coming back.

IF that is true then I am flat out telling you that I will openly cheer against the Men's basketball team in every game next season. I probably won't need to because they will continue their losing ways but at least it will make me feel better.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
IF that is true then I am flat out telling you that I will openly cheer against the Men's basketball team in every game next season. I probably won't need to because they will continue their losing ways but at least it will make me feel better.

Probaby going to have to cheer against ISU for more than just next year.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

This was discussed in another thread, but this right here is where I draw the line between fans and not fans. Fans cheer for their team to win. If you are willing to cheer for the team to lose, you are not a Cyclone fan. Period.

Last edited:

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406

I am not saying your wrong. With the class he has coming in, I hope he does. If he fails next year, the Jucos will have to stay for the new coach. If he is successful, then it will be OK too. Bringing in a new coach will just be starting over. I am willing to give MAC 1 more year.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor

When/if this happens, it will be a sad day for me. I've already been informed from different family members that they will be spending their money elsewhere, i.e. Barnstormers, Energy, and D.M. Bucs games. To quote them "would rather spend my money at an event that is still fun to see". I am relunctantly starting to agree with them. :sad:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
This was discussed in another thread, but this right here is where I draw the line between fans and not fans. Fans cheer for their team to win. If you are willing to cheering for the team to lose, you are not a Cyclone fan. Period.

Lucky for me your opinion means absolutely nothing as far as I am concerned. Carry on.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
This was discussed in another thread, but this right here is where I draw the line between fans and not fans. Fans cheer for their team to win. If you are willing to cheering for the team to lose, you are not a Cyclone fan. Period.

While it may not be my approach of choice, I can see the reason behind it. You as a fan are a fan of Cyclone bball, not of the players or GMac, or JP. You are a fan of the institution, something far greater than any of these individuals. If you believe to your core that GMac's presence here is actually harmful to the program and the longer he is here the worse it will be, which Cyclonestate78 clearly does, than rooting for GMac to fail is part of rooting for the long term success of the program. Sometimes progress can be ugly and painful.

Reactions: joefrog

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Wow, I would never openly root against my favorite team but hey thats just me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron