7 Days

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's kind of like your stock broker telling you that he wants 10k of your money to invest in a fund that he is telling you up front will lose all of your money. Some of you are willing to say yes to that but I am not. ISU is investing valuable resources in a failing regime with no redeemable qualities. NONE!!!! You want me to invest in that? Hell NO I am not going to do it.

That's a really poor analogy.

A more apt analogy is that as a fan you are already invested. Instead of pulling your "money" out and no longer being a fan, you are instead rooting for the entire market to go down as a means to justify firing the stock broker.

Reactions: cyismydog

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
That's a really poor analogy.

A more apt analogy is that as a fan you are already invested. Instead of pulling your "money" out and no longer being a fan, you are instead rooting for the entire market to go down as a means to justify firing the stock broker.

Why bother with this person? If he/she doesn't want to support the team, who cares? You're only giving them more ammunination to continue their silly posts.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
If GMac would win a game or two he could stop all of this arguing - it really is all on him.

Well I think he needs to do alot more than win a game or two to prove that he is the right man to lead ISU MBB program.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
This would be the only reason.

JP must cry himself to sleep at night.[/QUOTE]

This "catch 22" must be killing him. Either we go broke buying him out, or he goes broke due to people not coming to games. 2+ million dollars, or perpetuating disinterest.

JP only has himself to blame. This is why you need to write contacts competently, so coaches do not get automatic extensions based on Jiri driving the wrong car.

JP needs to come out and make a statement of support if he is keeping him. If he is keeping Gmac, then he needs to make it clear for recruiting purposes.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
No I don't get your point! No true fan would ever cheer for their team to lose no matter how they feel about the coach. Its sad that you feel that way! You might not think that Gmac can win here which is fine and to this point you are right, but to cheer for Iowa State to lose because you don't like Gmac shows everyone that you really are not an Iowa State fan.

Conversely to support GMAC at the expense of the program as it continues to flounder at death's door is also not what I would call being an Iowa State fan. Why is wanting what is best for the program such a bad thing? GMAC has had a fair shake. 4 years is more then a fair enough amount of time to show us something... hell... anything. We have yet to even see a pulse!! His 4 year track record is beyond awful. We all know that. People keep pointing to next year and saying that he deserves 1 more year. I ask why. Why does he deserve 1 more year when has shown us exactly nothing? We haven't improved in any categories but 1.... we have more talent. I will give him that. How do our guys do academically? 0 players made Academic All BIG XII. Are we winning more games? No... Haven't had a .500 season yet. Are we competing in the BIG XII? 17 conference wins in 4 years with over half coming against doormats Colorado & Nebraska.... I think that is a no as well.

How does supporting a guy with that track record help the program? I am still waiting to hear even 1 remotely logical answer to that question.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Why bother with this person? If he/she doesn't want to support the team, who cares? You're only giving them more ammunination to continue their silly posts.

Correction.... GMAC is giving me more then enough ammunition all by himself.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
this. He's just pouting because he didn't get his way.
Not any different than a 13 year old girl telling her parents that she hates them because they won't let her go to the Sadie Hawkins dance.

Frankly, I'm glad he won't be attending games next year. ISU doesn't need people like him in the stands.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Come next season they will be taking anybody they can get in the stands. There won't be many. That much I can promise you.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Because I realize that just because I don't feel at this current moment Mac can get it done next year I also realize my opinion doesn't mean squat. I will support who ever wears a cyclone jersey and whoever the coach is. I put my trust in JP to do what's right.

Now that I can agree with. Let's just hope he does the right thing and finds us a new coach. :yes:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Probaby going to have to cheer against ISU for more than just next year.

Looking forward to 2,000 people in Hilton? Unless the McDermott era defies all logic, and starts winning, that's what's going to happen.

That ******* contract is killing ISU basketball, and McDermott is laughing all the way to the bank. He has no incentive to win, because he'll still have a job. He should try and lose every game next year for ***** and giggles, just to see if Pollard will fire him.

Last edited:

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Come next season they will be taking anybody they can get in the stands. There won't be many. That much I can promise you.

Don't you get cold standing out there on the street corner?

End-is-near-785574.jpg

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
IF that is true then I am flat out telling you that I will openly cheer against the Men's basketball team in every game next season. I probably won't need to because they will continue their losing ways but at least it will make me feel better.
Say what you want, but you are not a Cyclone fan, at all, if you are going to cheer against your team because you don't like the coach.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Conversely to support GMAC at the expense of the program as it continues to flounder at death's door is also not what I would call being an Iowa State fan. Why is wanting what is best for the program such a bad thing? GMAC has had a fair shake. 4 years is more then a fair enough amount of time to show us something... hell... anything. We have yet to even see a pulse!! His 4 year track record is beyond awful. We all know that. People keep pointing to next year and saying that he deserves 1 more year. I ask why. Why does he deserve 1 more year when has shown us exactly nothing? We haven't improved in any categories but 1.... we have more talent. I will give him that. How do our guys do academically? 0 players made Academic All BIG XII. Are we winning more games? No... Haven't had a .500 season yet. Are we competing in the BIG XII? 17 conference wins in 4 years with over half coming against doormats Colorado & Nebraska.... I think that is a no as well.

How does supporting a guy with that track record help the program? I am still waiting to hear even 1 remotely logical answer to that question.

I am right here with Cyclonestate. I may not go so far as to actively cheer against ISU, but if McD is back next year, I will treat ISU basketball the same as I currently do ISU baseball.

Somebody respond to his question with a reasonable answer. Not being able to afford firing him doesn't work, long term the money issue is the same whether he gets fired now or later. We are not going to be setting the program back any, that is ******** and people know it. We are bottom tier Big12 anyhow. Close losses are losses. You don't magically get that unlucky every time out. Math cannot explain that. Coaching and on the floor leadership does. McD should be fired simply for playing DG as much as he does, especially at the point.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wonder sometimes if the guy across the aisle from me at Hilton that yells "SHOOT IT!!!' when Diante is dribbling out past the three-point line with a guy right on him is one of the guys that makes some of these posts.

Some have good points, some don't, but I always wonder if that guy is here complaining.

He yelled for Alex Dorr to take a three a few games ago. If his idea doesn't work, he punctuates it with "YOU GUYS STINK!!"

I'm pretty sure I'm in this guy's section, and he is just a treat to sit next to. Just a delight.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Two ways Mac is gone next year: If a big time donor/donors want him out or he steps down. Otherwise he will be back.

Mac will struggle big time next year. He has a very questionable class coming in.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
IF that is true then I am flat out telling you that I will openly cheer against the Men's basketball team in every game next season. I probably won't need to because they will continue their losing ways but at least it will make me feel better.

Wheres this guy today?

DieHard

Mar 5, 2010
No........he's the guy that says this was a complete fluke and it will never happen again. That's THAT guy!!

sp8815

Apr 10, 2006
Say what you want, but you are not a Cyclone fan, at all, if you are going to cheer against your team because you don't like the coach.

I actually think I agree with this, some people get jollies from bashing the coach - and that's fine, but I just can't keep out the thought that this guy did not forget all he knew about coaching. No bs I think GMAC will give us years of back/back/back NCAA's and stability we have not had with any other coach - but that's just me.

Reactions: mikeiastat

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron