croc hunter dies

goonies_89

Apr 12, 2006
well, he went out in fashion you know...if I had a 40 i'd pour some on the ground for him

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
That's a real tragedy, in a few different senses. First, he was quite the cultural icon, and one of the very few that used his position to be an educator, not a study on how to be a bad person. (Hell, his popularity is probably the only reason that half of America and Europe even knows where Australia is...) Second, he was married, and they have a 5-year old girl and a 3-year old boy. I feel just awful for his wife and kids; that's really hard.

Last edited:

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
That's a real tragedy, in a few different senses. First, he was quite the cultural icon, and one of the very few that used his position to be an educator, not a study on how to be a bad person. (Hell, his popularity is probably the only reason that half of America and Europe even knows where Australia is...) Second, he was married, and they just had twins about a month ago. I feel just awful for his wife and kids; that's really hard.

agree fully...I know all those in the Kingdom are very sad today....rest well mate

colocy

Apr 11, 2006
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cygoat

Apr 11, 2006
the irony is that...

he wasn't doing anything particularly dangerous. Stingrays are generally very gentle and pretty harmless. I think it was sort of a freak accident that he got killed this way. The barb from the stingray's tail apparently went right into his heart. The cameraman didn't even know anything was wrong until he saw the blood in the water.

He will be missed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron