Gazette Article on the Insight Bowl Game

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I'm surprised they didn't start off with "Its not South Beach, but..."

Minnesota and Iowa State are linked by geography and mediocrity.Located in bordering states, the Golden Gophers and Cyclones both went 6-6 and had to beat teams from the Dakotas to become bowl-eligible.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I can't argue with the medicore label for both teams: 6-6 and having to beat teams from the Dakotas to get there is the truth. If they had sugar coated it, it'd read just like another article on the glorious Hawkeyes.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I can't argue with the medicore label for both teams: 6-6 and having to beat teams from the Dakotas to get there is the truth. If they had sugar coated it, it'd read just like another article on the glorious Hawkeyes.

How about they mention having to beat a Top 25 on the road without your two best offensive players to get to a bowl game? I know the Gophers didn't do that, but one of the teams in the Insight Bowl did...

Usually I think the "media hates us" thing is really trumped up, be it Cyclone fans against the local press, or Republicans against everyone but Fox News, but this is ridiculous. This is the single most backhanded piece of "journalism" I've ever read. If I subscribed to that paper, I'd probably cancel it on the spot.

Last edited:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Having grown up in Eastern Iowa, colored me shocked that the Cedar Rapids Gazette wrote a bad article about ISU.

Seriously, its best to ignore the gazette. That paper has cut so much in the past year they might not even exist in 2011. Every time I go home, someone is complaining how bad that paper is, even for every day news.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron