Learn from HB -"WHY IOWA STATE?"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
I know I will get hate for this

First of all as much as I hate to say this....Harrison did what he believed was the best move. Not for education alone....but for his career.

We have a lot to think about with his decision. HE chose a place that is consitant. Consistant in winning. Something Iowa State cannot produce. Being in the NCAA tournament is what every kid wants. To play and win the tournament. Sorry ISU....you cant...NOT yet. if we could have been consistant and played we might have had players like HB on the courts. NOW is the time to change that...PLAY with heart...and win the games..Sub-par production because your girlfriend was out till 5 AM with her friends does not win games. ISU needs to be consistant. FAILURE in that..I can actually say this.."WHY IOWA STATE", you now know why. NOt bashing anyone here at all. I hate sayoing this but maybe this will show the students, coaches, players, that if the question from another player..."WHY IOWA STATE" maybe we as a fanbase, players, students, and coaches need to strive to be a better university. W have the players this year to win and go to the NCAA tournament. Go there and make a statement....BE CONSISTANT....that goes for any athletic program. Duke did it.....UNC did it....so why cant we? We dont because we dont try hard enough...

One player does not win championships...yes HB could have taken us fartehr, won some major games....got a winning Season....remember that one...a winning season. Coach McD is a great coach.....for UNI....I have not seen what he really has done to improve the program. I hope he changes it this year...takes us to a sweet 16 at least...It may be far fetched ...I think he can.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. We have to answer those ourselves also...what can I do to make this a great program(s)? Nothing makes me sicker to my stomach than seeing a AMES native leaving the state because we are not good enough for him. No thats not sarcasim I mean it. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM. We need to get this program rolling so that in 5 years we can get the caliber of players that we can compete...GIVE us 5 straight years of NCAA and go to the sweet 16 3 of those 5, palyers like HB will be with us..untill that happens....drink the kool-aid and get kicked in the jewels everytime.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale

First of all as much as I hate to say this....Harrison did what he believed was the best move. Not for education alone....but for his career.

We have a lot to think about with his decision. HE chose a place that is consitant. Consistant in winning. Something Iowa State cannot produce. Being in the NCAA tournament is what every kid wants. To play and win the tournament. Sorry ISU....you cant...NOT yet. if we could have been consistant and played we might have had players like HB on the courts. NOW is the time to change that...PLAY with heart...and win the games..Sub-par production because your girlfriend was out till 5 AM with her friends does not win games. ISU needs to be consistant. FAILURE in that..I can actually say this.."WHY IOWA STATE", you now know why. NOt bashing anyone here at all. I hate sayoing this but maybe this will show the students, coaches, players, that if the question from another player..."WHY IOWA STATE" maybe we as a fanbase, players, students, and coaches need to strive to be a better university. W have the players this year to win and go to the NCAA tournament. Go there and make a statement....BE CONSISTANT....that goes for any athletic program. Duke did it.....UNC did it....so why cant we? We dont because we dont try hard enough...

One player does not win championships...yes HB could have taken us fartehr, won some major games....got a winning Season....remember that one...a winning season. Coach McD is a great coach.....for UNI....I have not seen what he really has done to improve the program. I hope he changes it this year...takes us to a sweet 16 at least...It may be far fetched ...I think he can.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. We have to answer those ourselves also...what can I do to make this a great program(s)? Nothing makes me sicker to my stomach than seeing a AMES native leaving the state because we are not good enough for him. No thats not sarcasim I mean it. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM. We need to get this program rolling so that in 5 years we can get the caliber of players that we can compete...GIVE us 5 straight years of NCAA and go to the sweet 16 3 of those 5, palyers like HB will be with us..untill that happens....drink the kool-aid and get kicked in the jewels everytime.

No hate from me. I don't know if it is consistency or what, but this whole sorry episode does have to raise some questions. It's a catch 22, we need players like HB to become a power, but players like HB don't want to play for ISU because it is not a power.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

We have a lot to think about with his decision. HE chose a place that is consitant. Consistant in winning. Something Iowa State cannot produce. Being in the NCAA tournament is what every kid wants. To play and win the tournament.

Nothing makes me sicker to my stomach than seeing a AMES native leaving the state because we are not good enough for him. No thats not sarcasim I mean it. WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM. We need to get this program rolling so that in 5 years we can get the caliber of players that we can compete...GIVE us 5 straight years of NCAA and go to the sweet 16 3 of those 5, palyers like HB will be with us..untill that happens....drink the kool-aid and get kicked in the jewels everytime.

I agree totally with this. If we were winning, HB would have committed to us long ago.

Spam

May 21, 2008
In my opinion, he made the right decision. He just shouldn't have done it Terrell Owens style.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I've got one thing to say about that....Michael Beasley. K-State wasn't much when he signed, but he still got tons of national pub. Probably more because he stood out on a team who wasn't loaded with superstars. HB would have still gotten national recognition because he's so highly touted. Don't blame him for his decision, but am ticked the way he did it. I'm feeling mean right now and will regret posting this later, but no wonder Ronnie has nothing to do with him.