Howdy Cyclones (An Aggie breaking down the Aggies)

TexAg2012

Oct 27, 2009
Howdy guys from TexAg2012 in beautiful (and suprisingly mild weathered College Station Texas)!

I do a breakdown of our team on each teams website (generally the most popular, I checked the Istate scout board and it was DEAD, so someone directed me this way, so far had fun lurking.) I say each week, with the exception of last week, because well the Tech fans don't take kindly to Ags, and well frankly most of them don't have very good reading comprehension. :wink:

First, a recap of our season so far:

Games 1-3 were wins against some not so great teams, nothing much here.

Games 4-6 were three losses, Arkansas was the tale of blown oppurtunities, OKstate was the same song different verse, and Kstate was probably the worst game in Aggie history, especially coming on the heels of blowing a win to a top 14 team...

Game 7 was a blowout win of tech in Lubbock (the armpit of our great state) by the score of 52-30. In this game, the Oline finally decided that blocking was better than losing, and they blocked very well. The rushing attack exploded for 321 yards and 6 TD's!!! Tech is not known for defense, but they had been playing well and were ranked in the top 30 in rush offense. Huge win, and possibly a program changer for coach Sherman...(one can hope)

Moving on to the team, I usually do an indepth breakdown, but it is late in the season, so people generally know alot about all the teams. I'll keep it short(er).

Offense: Ranked in the top 3 in the country, and 1st in the conference. The quarterback is Jerrod Johnson (big guy, 6'6 245) who really is coming into his own (2131 yards 18 TD's 500+yards rushing 5 TD's with 3 INT's [all against kstate, two were really the WR fault])

RB-Gray (32) and Michael (33) are our two backs, both had breakout games (131 4 TD and 121 2TD respectively)

WR-Big strength, two guys to keep an eye on are Uzoma Nwatchaku(7, called EZ) and Jeff Fuller (8, back from broken leg, big reciever).

OL-They have been bad for most of the year, and then last week put together a performance that would have put a bull dozer to shame, they were the MVP's of the game...

Overall--No huddle, quick paced, looks like a spread, but it is actually the West Coast with spread tendencies.

Defense--This unit has the alot of young guys. If one looks at the tech stats you will think, hmm, not great. But it was tech, they put up yards, its kind of their thing, that and throwing stuff at opposing fans.

Key guys to watch--Von Miller: Leads country in sacks at 12.5 through 7 games. He plays the Jack (DE/LB hybrid). Wears 40 and stands 6'3 at 235lbs.

Tony Jerod-Eddie-TJE as he is fondly called, is a big guy. He is young, only a soph, and has great potential. He has a great motor and is relentless after the QB.

Matt Moss--kind of came into his own last week. Had a PBU (should have been a pick six) and a huge sack and a fumble recovery.

Since ISU is a run heavy team state wise, I chose to stay with the line here.

Overall- REALLY young, but if they play as hard as last week, good things will happen, they forced 5 TO's against a team that really doesn't turn the ball over.

ST--Kickoff coverage has been BAD. Punt is ok, that is being generous. Field goals are pretty consistent, the long of the year is 50-51.

Overall--If the team that played tech plays saturday, I like our chances against anybody, that being said, I know ISU is no push over, and I think our team does too.

P.S. If any body is coming down to God's country :)wink:) I will be more than happy to point you in the direction of the local joints that are really good. Stay away from the chains, got to love the local places.

Thanks guys,

Looking forward to Saturday

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Check out TexAgs.com, here is a great post from Aggie0529

"ISU is arguably the worst team in the BIG XII.

if we play like we did last week we will win by 40+

i do think they can keep it close but not within 2 TD's

They beat an average Nebraska team with 8 turnovers, big deal. we would beat Nebraska easily.

I expect the Ags to be fired up and win pretty easily

51-21"

spyclone

Oct 19, 2009
C.B.
TexAg2012--

if you have been lurking, you probably already know about our injured players, including the B12 leading rusher.

If we can enough healthy folks together, we may give you a game.

If not. It could be along day for the clones.

here's hoping for a competitive game with no serious injuries to the kids.

and an ISU victory of course!!

TxAg73

Oct 25, 2009
Check out TexAgs.com

271gy.jpg

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
If Aggie0259 thinks comparing previous games' scores is a good indicator of future outcomes, he conveniently forgot to mention the KSU game!

I'm expecting a tough game with a very small margin of victory for thw winning team......if AA & A-Rob are both healthy

Aggiefan

Oct 27, 2009
JTACONUTZ: If you are going to the Longhorn Tavern for Chicken Fried Steak be aware that it has moved to Downtown Bryan. (I think it is on 24th street near the Brazos County courthouse.). The old location has been demolished and they are building a new shopping center.
I hope you have a safe trip and welcome. Weather should be nice (55-65) degrees. I was in your state this summer on a motorcycle trip. A friend purchased a side car for his Harley at Sibley. Neat town.

jtaconutz

Feb 1, 2007
With your mom
JTACONUTZ: If you are going to the Longhorn Tavern for Chicken Fried Steak be aware that it has moved to Downtown Bryan. (I think it is on 24th street near the Brazos County courthouse.). The old location has been demolished and they are building a new shopping center.
I hope you have a safe trip and welcome. Weather should be nice (55-65) degrees. I was in your state this summer on a motorcycle trip. A friend purchased a side car for his Harley at Sibley. Neat town.

I won't be making the trip down this year but if the menu is the same I would recommend that establishment to anyone.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Overall, I must say you Aggies are generally pretty damn nice.

Thanks for your insights (I'm also talking about the other dude who posted the stat page).

CBattBQ87

Oct 20, 2008
I think this guy is just struggling versus "chain restaraunts" and is looking to stir up business.

Just so you know, there is running chain restaurant hatred on the Aggie forum sites..

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
O-Line turn-around?

How did the O-line turn it around so much in one game? It suggests that they could revert back this week. We can hope.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
one thing is for sure. the "12th man" is no memorial stadium and we had the game in Lincoln wrapped up at half time with a redshirt freshman quarterback making his first start and the bigXII leading rusher in street clothes. Not predicting a final, but we will do fine.