bowl eligibility will renovate JTS

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
That's the way I look at it. A bowl eligibility should get enough money from the fan base to bowl in our end zone, that is if the economic recession hasn't slowed down the process and we didnt have the money budgeted already. The way I look at it is that we have 2 very winnable games out of the remaining 4. We should realisticly be expecting a 7-5 record. It might even be enough for a big 12 north shared title. The fan support will be there for next year. We will be in national spotlight in 2010, almost all our games will likely be televised. Hell we might even be ranked going into Iowa match up. Our schedule might not be that tough any more. Oklahoma will lose a lot of players with early draft, Kansas will be a cup cake again, Colorado will be weak, and we got Nebbie and Missouri at home - not to mention Arrowhead wont be a home field for KState with more support from our fanbase.

As you can tell, this thread is really about optimisim. Let's post our happy thoughts for future :) I see a lot of revenue generating wins in future, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Do you have your check book out?

Would like to see it happen, but fact of the matter is the economy is down, people are losing jobs all over and I just don't see a ground swell of money coming in any time soon.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Bowl eligibility for a couple years in a row will. I don't think one season does.

If we get eligible next year for a bowl, they better do everything possible to get it done because we're going to need the revenue to pay coaches.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Teams spend what they earn on bowls other than BCS bowls. Not to mention that the B12 won't get 2 BCS teams which huirts the bottom line.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Question. How do we replace 6 senior defensemen?

Answer. Steal them from OU.

This guy leads the heist.

Dwight2.png

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
That's the way I look at it. A bowl eligibility should get enough money from the fan base to bowl in our end zone, that is if the economic recession hasn't slowed down the process and we didnt have the money budgeted already. The way I look at it is that we have 2 very winnable games out of the remaining 4. We should realisticly be expecting a 7-5 record. It might even be enough for a big 12 north shared title. The fan support will be there for next year. We will be in national spotlight in 2010, almost all our games will likely be televised. Hell we might even be ranked going into Iowa match up. Our schedule might not be that tough any more. Oklahoma will lose a lot of players with early draft, Kansas will be a cup cake again, Colorado will be weak, and we got Nebbie and Missouri at home - not to mention Arrowhead wont be a home field for KState with more support from our fanbase.

As you can tell, this thread is really about optimisim. Let's post our happy thoughts for future :) I see a lot of revenue generating wins in future, what do you guys think?

my guess is you give less than $250 a year...possibly a lot less (not counting tickets).

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
State of Iowa just slashed budgets by 10%. Unless it is fully funded by donations, this project is a long ways from happening.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

You do realize THEY WON don't you???

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
I like your optimism but Pollard already stated that it will take a donor to write a 25 million dollar check just to get the project started. I don't think we'll see any endzone project completed for the next 3-5 years minimum.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Teams spend what they earn on bowls other than BCS bowls. Not to mention that the B12 won't get 2 BCS teams which huirts the bottom line.

If Texas wins out the regular schedule, and somehow loses in the Big 12 Championship game, we will get two teams into the BCS, I believe...

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Heres a question about bowl and money. If we go to a bowl game, does that money go in to the big 12 revenue pot to be split, or does the bowl team get to keep it?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Heres a question about bowl and money. If we go to a bowl game, does that money go in to the big 12 revenue pot to be split, or does the bowl team get to keep it?

Both I believe. I believe we get a sliver of the BCS money from OU and Texas every year.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I like your optimism but Pollard already stated that it will take a donor to write a 25 million dollar check just to get the project started. I don't think we'll see any endzone project completed for the next 3-5 years minimum.
If the athletic department just takes out $1 from everybody's yearly donation, and buys that many lottery tickets, we have a pretty decent chance at winning it, right??? :wink::cute:

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Both I believe. I believe we get a sliver of the BCS money from OU and Texas every year.

So half of the money goes in to the pot and the rest is the bowl team keeps? As is the same with the TV revenue.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron