Victoria's Secret - Iowa State - Clearance

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does VS still have opinion chairs in the dressing room. 20 years ago my wife had me go with to give opinions. Been married too long so its been awhile since in one.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Does VS still have opinion chairs in the dressing room. 20 years ago my wife had me go with to give opinions. Been married too long so its been awhile since in one.

Is that what you youngins called it back then? "Giving Opinions" in dressing rooms is the only reason to go shopping with a female.

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015
oh, I thought you were being sarcastic.

Women don't deserve dudes creeping on them for wearing an outfit but if you willingly choose to be in a group whose sole purpose is to get men to ogle them, you can't really complain when men ogle you (at least when you're performing)

i know it. She totally deserves it.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
You do realize those are some very different activities you listed, and the purpose and audience matter.

Cheerleaders and pom squads are objectifying at their core. I'm sure it started out as, "What are the women going to do while the men play sports? I know, lets dress them up in cute outfits and have them stand on the sidelines to cheer on the men." Of course in college and pro sports its morphed in to something for the old guys to stare at during timeouts. Let's call a spade a spade here. There is nothing wrong with participating in it, and I'm sure they all have different reasons for doing it, but they better go in to the activity knowing what's really going on.

I get your point, & don't necessarily disagree talking about college/pro. Once they get to that point they should know the creepers come with the territory, but I'd wager most of them started participating before boys want anything to do with them (ie. my 6 year old daughter who started last year).

Just because they choose to continue to do an activity they've done for 5-10 years by the time they get to college, doesn't mean they enjoy the sketchy attention that comes with it. Most probably just put up with it to continue their passion.

My daughter has tried other activities like soccer & ice skating, but she's very meh about them. She is all about the cheerleading, doing routines in the living room all the time & all. Part of me wishes she'd find a different thing to love, but if she decides to stick with cheerleading I'll support her completely & trust that I can teach her how to deal with creepers/douchebags.

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015
I get your point, & don't necessarily disagree talking about college/pro. Once they get to that point they should know the creepers come with the territory, but I'd wager most of them started participating before boys want anything to do with them (ie. my 6 year old daughter who started last year).

Just because they choose to continue to do an activity they've done for 5-10 years by the time they get to college, doesn't mean they enjoy the sketchy attention that comes with it. Most probably just put up with it to continue their passion.

My daughter has tried other activities like soccer & ice skating, but she's very meh about them. She is all about the cheerleading, doing routines in the living room all the time & all. Part of me wishes she'd find a different thing to love, but if she decides to stick with cheerleading I'll support her completely & trust that I can teach her how to deal with creepers/douchebags.

Sounds like she's gonna deserve those guys staring at her. That's obviously why she joined and why she does it.

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015
Wow dude, I've recognized this is your schtick, but it's not very clever. We get it, give it a rest.

Calling out idiots that think cheerleaders deserve to be ogled by old men because of what they wear is a schtick?

Hmm. That's interesting.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Calling out idiots that think cheerleaders deserve to be ogled by old men because of what they wear is a schtick?

Hmm. That's interesting.
I think what tailg8er was trying to convey to you in his/her own way was that just because you are a smart a** doesn't necessarily mean you a** is smart.