Useful products thread

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I will forever contend that these are one of the greatest inventions ever.

View attachment 128928
On a lesser and more light-weight use. I find bread twist-ties handy in so many applications. Not those crappy plastic tab things, the ones with tiny wires inside.

I keep a little box of them in the pantry and it's surprising how many times I think, "Oh, a twistie tie will work perfectly for that."

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Thought this might be interesting, as there are a lot of things out there that are very useful that people may not know about.

For instance, my neighbor's fence was on it's last legs (I've had a post angled against it and a guy wire attached for well over a year so it won't fall down).

My sister told me they bought fence post anchors when theirs were getting wobbly, so I spent last night installing three of them and they worked great.
Would love to see pictures if you are interested in sharing.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Sorry if "TMI" but I had been breaking out from just about every major brand of deodorant and even developing skin tags from them. I explored maybe 6 brands of "all natural" deodorant and most of them didn't work at all and some irritated my skin just as much.

I found this salt crystal thing below that works amazingly well for 24 hours and one bar lasted me five years so it also probably saved me at least $50 maybe more like $100. Because it's mostly salt it does dissolve after 24 hours on the rare day one might skip a shower but as long as I use it every day it's just as effective as any typical mainstream deodorant.

818r7T+5vKL.jpg

Give Harry's a shot. I tried it for the first time after reading an article ranking the best ones available and I've been very impressed. I had always used clinical strength in the past but Harry's has been better.

1715278722309.png

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Cleaning a pizza cutter is terrible on its own and cleaning one with this design is nightmarish.

Plus how do you sharpen it? By slicing your fingers off. Knives are vastly superior

View attachment 128930

Years ago, Great Plains sold ones like this that the blade was removable for cleaning. Best pizza cutter that I’ve had. My wife left it in a pizza box she threw out and I haven’t been back to Ames to see if they still sell them.

Reactions: wxman1

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Years ago, Great Plains sold ones like this that the blade was removable for cleaning. Best pizza cutter that I’ve had. My wife left it in a pizza box she threw out and I haven’t been back to Ames to see if they still sell them.
If you needed a pizza cutter for a delivered pizza, sounds like the pizza place didn't sharpen their pizza cutter enough.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Do you have one of those huge pizzeria knives that can go across an entire pizza? Way too much of a hassle to use a regular kitchen knife to cut a large pizza.

You have to be one of ~1% of Americans who don't use a pizza cutter.

Lot of the time I'll use a pair of scissors to cut up pizza. Yeah I'm a heathen

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Would it have been so hard for them to dice some of these items and place them together on a countertop for a single photo? The super obvious PS job really gives it a State Fair/As Seen On TV feel. I can't help but assume they are using it to hide the actual relative size like those Amazon kiddie pool memes from a few years ago.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Put me on team pro-pizza cutter and that's it' not a unitasker. We can put it in the specialty category of knives (like serrated bread knives) and call it a revolving knife or a circular knife.

I'm also a big fan of small battery powered screwdrivers. I've got a little 3.6v metabo with a 1/4 hex chuck that I use for probably 90% of my work around the house. It won't 3" deck screws, but for stupid little stuff like towel holders, drywall anchors, putting together flat pack furniture, etc it's great. Light, small, not to powerful. Beats grabbing the 18V stuff out of the garage.

Reactions: CascadeClone

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Food Saver / Vacuum sealer - I never thought I'd use one but I borrowed one and now I use it all the time.
100 Piece Milwaukee Bit Set - It has almost every bit you'll ever need and most are quick connect
An air fryer that looks like a toaster oven with the fold down door and a removable basket. It gets used for everything. We had one of the other style ones and it sucked to use.
Pizza Cutter

Reactions: cycloner29

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron