Upgrade Update - Some Features Temporarily Disabled

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Due to the site upgrade and enhancements that I'm working on, I have temporarily disabled a couple of features for a short time. Starting this afternoon, PMs will not be sent when new reputation is given/received, mobile devices will no longer automatically be taken to the mobile version of the site, smilies will not show up in the quick reply editor and a few other smaller issues may be visible.

Please note that I'm working as fast as I can to get the new features fully tested and debugged so I can enable the features listed above, as well as the new features and enhancements. Thank you very much for understanding!

Thanks,

Jeremy Lind

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Thanks for the warning Jeremy!!! Keep up the great site!!! I know everyone here appreciates teh work you put into the site and cyclone athletics, thanks!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Take your time, we are fine without that, grab a beer and relax.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Darn it! Hurry up! I need my smilies in the quick reply. For instance, without one on this quick reply it may be difficult to realize I'm pulling your leg!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Darn it! Hurry up! I need my smilies in the quick reply. For instance, without one on this quick reply it may be difficult to realize I'm pulling your leg!

Negative Rep For You!

:wink:

Just kidding

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Since you mention the mobile site feature, I have a minor beef. I use the mobile site nrealy as much as the regular one. Something I have noticed when you use the 'new posts' option is that when you look at a thread after pulling up the new posts, the thread disappears when you return to the new posts. Does anyone else notice this? Again, not a big deal by any means, but a minor annoyance.

PS, I miss smiley faces.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Beyonce_feat._JayJZ_Q_Upgrade_U0000_orig.jpeg

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Since you mention the mobile site feature, I have a minor beef. I use the mobile site nrealy as much as the regular one. Something I have noticed when you use the 'new posts' option is that when you look at a thread after pulling up the new posts, the thread disappears when you return to the new posts. Does anyone else notice this? Again, not a big deal by any means, but a minor annoyance.

PS, I miss smiley faces.

Do you mean that you hit "New Posts", click on your desired thread, then click "New Posts" again to find that it's gone from the list?

I use that to only few new posts - if someone posts again in one of those threads, it will reappear in the "New Posts". Otherwise, I just go to the Site Navigation and find the appropriate forum. I think the reason it does this (or at least why I use it) is that it will keep you from having to keep track of what threads you have/haven't read.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley

Then the thread is no longer new. Thats the point of 'new posts.'

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007

PS, I miss smiley faces.

Also, when selecting a forum name on the bar, it returns you to the forum category list instead of to the forum index (where the threads are listed).

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Once these major upgrades are in place, one of my biggest priorities is to work on the mobile site. It takes a lot of work to get it to look right on all different types of devices and using an emulator isn't the most enjoyable thing:wink: I will get a new mobile version done hopefully in early to mid January.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Once these major upgrades are in place, one of my biggest priorities is to work on the mobile site. It takes a lot of work to get it to look right on all different types of devices and using an emulator isn't the most enjoyable thing:wink: I will get a new mobile version done hopefully in early to mid January.

I'm more than willing to help you test with Palm and blazer.

It's less of a deal for me now that my g/f got me an N800 for Christmas and I can use the "real" CF while I'm on the go now :)