today's officials

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Explain how OSU has the ball on 11 yard line and the penalty is half the distance to goal then the ball placed on 7 yard line?

I was wondering the same thing and I went to East High in Des Moines, and I could write my own note to get out of Math class. Signed Epsteins Mother

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It would be so much easier to disregard that mentality if there wasn't a mountain of evidence supporting it.
Sorry to burst your bubble but every team has calls go against them that they feel aren't warranted. There is, I believe, zero evidence that refs are out to get Iowa State, there's a mountain of speculation, that I'll agree to.

Edit: Even when the call is right there are still people that are going to complain about the refs screwing Iowa State, the post right above me for instance.

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Not the turning point ace, but how difficult is it to get ball placement right when you know l.o.s. Is 11 & it's half the distance yet ball is placed on 7. Just another example of horrible job of officiating but not the reason for the lose.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Sorry to burst your bubble but every team has calls go against them that they feel aren't warranted. There is, I believe, zero evidence that refs are out to get Iowa State, there's a mountain of speculation, that I'll agree to.

Edit: Even when the call is right there are still people that are going to complain about the refs screwing Iowa State, the post right above me for instance.

Ok Mr. Van Vark.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Not the turning point ace, but how difficult is it to get ball placement right when you know l.o.s. Is 11 & it's half the distance yet ball is placed on 7. Just another example of horrible job of officiating but not the reason for the lose.
And this is why I can't take the "the refs are out to get us" stuff seriously. Even correct calls have people complaining about the "horrible officiating". Spot of the foul was the 14.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Two words: basketball season

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
CyArob can't handle the truth.

Whoops, forgot to quote when I posted. It should have looked like the following (with wgleason ignoring you explaining exactly why the ball was placed at the 7.):

Also the penalty is half the distance from the spot of the foul, which was the 14. But **** the refs!

Does everyone have 3true on the ignore list?

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ok it took less time than I expected. It appears we're talking about football unless the thread was started in the wrong place.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Show me some evidence then. And before we start, bad calls are not evidence of refs being out to get us. K, go.

2011 vs. Texas. ISU gets called for a horse collar tackle. Next drive ISU has possession and Texas does the same exact thing no flag.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
2011 vs. Texas. ISU gets called for a horse collar tackle. Next drive ISU has possession and Texas does the same exact thing no flag.
A missed call, I'll just assume it was missed because no normal person would remember a tackle from a two year old game, from a game 2 years ago? I wonder how many calls were missed on both sides of the ball that game, or any game for that matter.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
A missed call, I'll just assume it was missed because no normal person would remember a tackle from a two year old game, from a game 2 years ago? I wonder how many calls were missed on both sides of the ball that game, or any game for that matter.

I remember it well because it was another game where ISU was getting called for any little thing and texas could do no wrong. The refs were right there and saw the texas horse collar but chose not to make the call. It stuck in my head because it was the same exact penalty only separated by a few plays but they only wanted to call it on one team.