Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oklahoma State can't be good though... they lost on a neutral court to Texas.

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Dude, we get it. You don't like this Iowa St team. I'm sorry they're not playing up to your expectations. Maybe it would be better if you just logged off until the end of the season, then discuss how right or wrong you were.

How about you let the die-hard Cyclone fans discuss the game by game issues. I really don't understand your motivation to continually put down this Iowa St team. Like, what is it you're trying to accomplish? Do you want more fans to come over to your side of hating them?

I dont hate this team at all. Ive never been happier than to see us beat Kansas. Go back and read my posts from Saturday. Go back and read my posts saying we would still make the tourney after we lost to Texas the other night after everyone is melting down.

What I do hate is our players thinking we are the greatest team ever and that we can win games by just showing up. There is a common theme after each loss like this over the years where the player think they are too good to ever lose to a team like Iowa or Texas.

I just think we are underachieving for the 2nd straight year is all, we should be alot better than this with as much talent and experience as we have.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
We would be big time favorites on a neutral court. We're playing an absolutely brutal conference schedule and just won AT KANSAS. Sorry I'm not going to give credit because Iowa can beat Nebraska and Rutgers and say they are playing well. You'd think we would be playing well if we got to play their schedule too

Think you are the one hallucinating here..... Ya we beat KU at their house and that was awesome, but then we go and lay an egg against TX that didn't even play a good game themselves. We get beat by Vanderbilt which was pitiful as well. I wouldn't want to play Iowa right now either as they already curb stomped our Senior filled roster at their house with 4 freshman and a senior. Our Cyclone team is ******* bipolar and if you think we are a lock for any game in this conference then you need a reality check. I have NEVER been so frustrated with a cyclone men's basketball team as I am with this team and by that I mean players not Coach Prohm. Maybe I need some of what you are smoking to help me out????

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Think you are the one hallucinating here..... Ya we beat KU at their house and that was awesome, but then we go and lay an egg against TX that didn't even play a good game themselves. We get beat by Vanderbilt which was pitiful as well. I wouldn't want to play Iowa right now either as they already curb stomped our Senior filled roster at their house with 4 freshman and a senior. Our Cyclone team is ******* bipolar if if you think we are a lock for any game in this conference then you need a reality check. I have NEVER been so frustrated with a cyclone men's basketball team as I am with this team. Maybe I need some of what you are smoking to help me out????

I would love to play them again but I'd love to play any bad teams right now

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Everyone that disagrees with CyTwins is a Hawkfan. Fact is we are an average BBALL team. Super erratic and impossible to predict from game to game. We can beat anyone and lose to anyone at the same time. This team is more than capable of losing again to Iowa or losing to a Rutgers/Nebbie.

JFC, we are not average. Have we met most peoples preseason expectations? Certainly not. Do we have struggles at times? Of course, all teams, even blue bloods do. But to call us average is nuts. FFS, there are 351 D1 basketball teams and we are in a very favorable position to go to the NCAA tournament, which only lets in 64 teams. The fact is, Iowa is an average basketball team and Iowa State is a really good basketball team.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
JFC, we are not average. Have we met most peoples preseason expectations? Certainly not. Do we have struggles at times? Of course, all teams, even blue bloods do. But to call us average is nuts. FFS, there are 351 D1 basketball teams and we are in a very favorable position to go to the NCAA tournament, which only lets in 64 teams. The fact is, Iowa is an average basketball team and Iowa State is a really good basketball team.

For the 5th straight season... 10 years ago we were embarking on a run of 15,14,15,15 and 16 wins. The 16 win season was a team with NCAA expectations. 2009-2010 was a disappointment.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
btw scanning the schedule ISU has probably lost 3 games they were favored in. Iowa, Vandy, Texas. All on the road. That's not bipolar, that's college basketball. Pay attention to college basketball instead of just ISU, it will give you guys some much needed perspective.

Edit: Lost to Cinci at home in OT, who is 22-2 now

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Think you are the one hallucinating here..... Ya we beat KU at their house and that was awesome, but then we go and lay an egg against TX that didn't even play a good game themselves. We get beat by Vanderbilt which was pitiful as well. I wouldn't want to play Iowa right now either as they already curb stomped our Senior filled roster at their house with 4 freshman and a senior. Our Cyclone team is ******* bipolar and if you think we are a lock for any game in this conference then you need a reality check. I have NEVER been so frustrated with a cyclone men's basketball team as I am with this team and by that I mean players not Coach Prohm. Maybe I need some of what you are smoking to help me out????

This team is so up and down Im honestly worried about losing at home this year to a team like TCU or Oklahoma State at this point. I cant say Ive really had that kind of feeling for a number of years now. All of our home games except Kansas used to be automatic wins, especially against the lower conference teams, but I just dont have that same confidence anymore.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not in Hilton we wouldnt, but thats not what I said. I wouldnt put it past us to lose to a team like Nebraska on the road, where we are clearly better but think we can just go through the motions and win.
Nebraska would be in the basement of the conference this year if they were in the Big 12...

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Aug 26, 2014
btw scanning the schedule ISU has probably lost 3 games they were favored in. Iowa, Vandy, Texas. All on the road. That's not bipolar, that's college basketball.
Pretty much every team (outside of Gonzaga) has lost games they felt they should've won. It happens. We just freak out every time it happens. Such is life as a college basketball fan I guess. If this team can get focused and play hard, we can make a deep run in the tournament. We can beat anyone in the country.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oh, for sure they would, Im not saying they would be any better, Im saying its a distinct possibility we would lose to them even though they suck badly.

Could we lose to them on the road? It's a possibility. Iowa lost to them though so not sure where you're going with that

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Could we lose to them on the road? It's a possibility. Iowa lost to them though so not sure where you're going with that

My point is we've already shown the ability to lose on the road to scrub teams this year, so I wouldnt be shocked one bit if we lost to a team like Nebraska that we are clearly better than.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My point is we've already shown the ability to lose on the road to scrub teams this year, so I wouldnt be shocked one bit if we lost to a team like Nebraska that we are clearly better than.

Yeah we've lost to scrub teams on the road like Vandy, Iowa and Texas. We get it, that doesn't make Iowa better than they are.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I dont hate this team at all. Ive never been happier than to see us beat Kansas. Go back and read my posts from Saturday. Go back and read my posts saying we would still make the tourney after we lost to Texas the other night after everyone is melting down.

What I do hate is our players thinking we are the greatest team ever and that we can win games by just showing up. There is a common theme after each loss like this over the years where the player think they are too good to ever lose to a team like Iowa or Texas.

I just think we are underachieving for the 2nd straight year is all, we should be alot better than this with as much talent and experience as we have.

That actually sounds worse. You don't hate the team, you just hate the players sometimes. It's none of our jobs to make sure the players are motivated to play every game. These players have been like this way back to when Fred was their coach. At this point you've got to just take the bad with the good. Did you really think this team would turn into Eustachy type team? Bad example, they collapsed at the end.

I also thought this team could be pretty good earlier this year, but after watching them more, it became apparent that the horses just aren't there for a top 20 team, or 3/4 seed in the tournament. But instead of getting down on all the players and coaches, I accepted this reality, and am now still supporting them.

I just want a chance in the tournament now, that's all. There's obviously talent to put together a weekend run, but just not enough to compete every night, every week, in a very difficult conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron