Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I like the Halloween costume and in honor of CG's corny Halloween costume, I offer up this:

What's green and smells like blue paint.

green paint
Wait, are we doing jokes now because it's Halloween (and no, I don't care if it's only Des Moines, if you want candy on Halloween you should tell a joke)?

What's a ghost's favorite drink?

Boooooze

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
giphy.gif

Amy Farrah Fowler looks much more outgoing in this GIF.

Reactions: Cybirdy

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Wait, are we doing jokes now because it's Halloween (and no, I don't care if it's only Des Moines, if you want candy on Halloween you should tell a joke)?

What's a ghost's favorite drink?

Boooooze

I had no clue until just a few years ago that it was JUST Des Moines that did this. Apparently someone did research and they couldn't find any other area where they do a Beggars Night with jokes required for candy.

My wife is from Minnesota and she had no clue what I was talking about when we went with my boys to Trick or Treat.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I had no clue until just a few years ago that it was JUST Des Moines that did this. Apparently someone did research and they couldn't find any other area where they do a Beggars Night with jokes required for candy.

My wife is from Minnesota and she had no clue what I was talking about when we went with my boys to Trick or Treat.
Yeah, I didn't realize it till college when I was telling my friends about the jokes my dad was hearing while handing out candy and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Also, it makes my memories trick or treating with my cousins a bit more embarrassing. I'd go to their house for trick or treating when Nov. 1st wasn't a school day. I'm pretty sure I told jokes since that was just a part of Halloween, so I can just imagine how confusing it must have been for their neighbors to have a little kid run up, say "trick or treat", get candy, tell a joke, and then run off.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
yesterday looking for a fall wreath, michael's had their halloween stuff on clearance, including witches' hats. So I was on the phone with DH and said I'd just had a moment of brilliance and now had a "very CG" costume.

DH got home I made him close his eyes while I put on my costume. He opens his eyes and I'm wearing the witch hat. He's like yeah, you put on the hat....

I go, "take off the hat!"
he does
I was wearing the cat ears underneath. I'm all "get it? Get it? I'm the cat in the hat!"

I wish you guys could have seen his face.

I'm assuming since it was Sexy Cat in the Hat?

Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Since I can safely say today is "over", I will note bad landscaper never showed up to do anything about the tree they unexpectedly dropped in the ditch and then said they would plant today.

Meanwhile, the good one called me 30 minutes ahead of our meeting to confirm he was on his way. And then showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron