*** Official IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010
that is just a ridiculous statement. The culture that Campbell has created (and what everyone celebrates after big wins) is why these guys stayed. Nobody on that team is cashing it in.

some fans may need to though…
Sure...and by staying they have more than given enough to the culture of the program. They don't owe us fans one bit more. They have paid their debt...it's time for them to get paid. Would YOU risk an NFL contract for one more shot at Cyclone glory playing in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl??

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
New line coach? How about a new QB or WR coach? Our OLine has stood up. Brock holding on to the ball for far too long is a different story....

manning drawing up plays for 7 step drops (shotgun but you get my drift) when your line is only good enough for 3 step drop plays and you only have one wide receiver

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
you know what, I’m not mad…I was mad after Iowa, but they are what they are now, Iowa state deserved to lose this.,,they were outplayed and severely outcoached all day

you just can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and then be mad about it

they really struggle to start games, and they take way too much time getting things fixed, that’s just what they do, nobody is going to be suprised by a new wrinkle

we play extraordinarily conservative especially offensively, and we rely on the defense to do everything and win on the last drive every game

if you play close games against everyone, even inferior teams like tech and wv, and you don’t respect them, they can bite you

and that’s what is happening.

Something that should be looked at a bit more honestly is that while Tech and WV are not good, their talent level is closer to ISU than seems to be projected, if not better in areas (WR) vs. ISU's weakness (DBs).

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I still don’t think I’ve ever seen a college kicker hit anything over 60. NFL record for years was 65 wasn’t it?

The game winner today was 62 yards. Nope, not a record setter.

• The longest field goal in college football history is 69 yards. And it was set in 1976! By Ove Claes Johansson of Abilene Christian.
  • Abilene Christian was not NCAA at that time.
  • The NCAA record is 67 yards held by 3 kickers, Russell Erxleben of Texas, Steve Little of Arkansas, and Joe Williams of Wichita State University
  • The longest field goal in NFL history is Justin Tucker’s 66-yard game-winner for Baltimore this year
  • For reference, the record kick set on opening day at Jack Trice back in the 70's was 62 yards by Dave Lawson of Air Force (odd that the one today tied that)
Source - various Google Searches. :)

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010
you know what, I’m not mad…I was mad after Iowa, but they are what they are now, Iowa state deserved to lose this.,,they were outplayed and severely outcoached all day

you just can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and then be mad about it

they really struggle to start games, and they take way too much time getting things fixed, that’s just what they do, nobody is going to be suprised by a new wrinkle

we play extraordinarily conservative especially offensively, and we rely on the defense to do everything and win on the last drive every game

if you play close games against everyone, even inferior teams like tech and wv, and you don’t respect them, they can bite you

and that’s what is happening.
So basically Iowa. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The game winner today was 62 yards. Nope, not a record setter.

• The longest field goal in college football history is 69 yards. And it was set in 1976! By Ove Claes Johansson of Abilene Christian.
  • Abilene Christian was not NCAA at that time.
  • The NCAA record is 67 yards held by 3 kickers, Russell Erxleben of Texas, Steve Little of Arkansas, and Joe Williams of Wichita State University
  • The longest field goal in NFL history is Justin Tucker’s 66-yard game-winner for Baltimore this year
  • For reference, the record kick set on opening day at Jack Trice back in the 70's was 62 yards by Dave Lawson of Air Force (odd that the one today tied that)
Source - various Google Searches. :)

That FG today would have been good from over 75

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
omfg it’s the @isufbcurt dumb train here we go. Gonna get mad and dumb you when you suggest a player should look out for his future instead of give up his body playing for free.

I'm asking what future though. Our fans always seem to think we have all these NFL players but yet that never actually happens.