***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Even though it's the one month where I have to mow my yard twice a week, May is by far my favorite month weatherwise. Love the warmer (but not hot) temps, and the rain makes everything green and growing. Could do without the tornadoes, though.

Mid-Sept through mid-Oct would be my second favorite "month".
I don't care how anal you are about your lawn. Mowing more than once in a week is insane.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
I don't care how anal you are about your lawn. Mowing more than once in a week is insane.
I used to jest with my buddy that I always want my lawn mowed ahead of potential storms. The first time I suggested that he asked if it was because it will be too wet afterwards? I said no--it's a lot easier to rake up family pictures and heirlooms after a tornado. It seemed funny at the time, but I realize it's actually not

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's less about being anal about the lawn and more about not letting the grass get so tall that it takes twice as long for the mower to get through it and to the point where you practically need to bail the clippings. I mowed on Friday and it's already in need of another mow.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Honestly, you don’t sound like a homeowner. It’s not that we want to mow more than once a week. The grass is just growing like crazy, no choice.
I've owned a home for 10 years, never mowed more than once in a 7 day period, just out of principle alone.

I will confess. I mowed last Monday, and am tempted to mow again this weekend..... so maybe I'm a changed man.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I waited 9 days between the last two mows and my mower could barely handle it.

I have always wondered about using clover as a low maintenance yard. I'd consider it but I'm afraid what I'd really end up with is a yard full of creeping charlie and dandelions.