***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Quite the little storm that moved through Story County. Seemed like 70 mph winds. Saw there was a warning.
A 3 minute wind storm and as I was looking in the the back yard and see a big branch go down about 50 feet away from me.. So typical.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CyDawg23

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't even know what that is.

And great a micro burst or similar just popped up now too
They are surge protectors for your breaker box. Will take the zap instead of the breakers. I have them in most of my stuff. A couple hundred bucks but once something gets hit by lightning it never seems to be completely right again

Reactions: isufbcurt

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It has stormed 4+ times here today. Keep initiating over us, fun to watch them build. Decent hail (2nd hail of the day) on a warned one an hour ago. But one that was forming just east had some weird rotation as it was forming. See there's a couple tornado warnings east now. This was further north but not surprised. I took pics cause it looked very sus even as a little thing

Reactions: wxman1

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Yep that thing came out of nowhere. That was weird.
Just blasted through Cedar Rapids now. We were sitting watching TV when it suddenly started blasting what seemed like 60-mph winds. My wife freaked out and insisted we needed to move our plants that we bought Sunday up next to the house so they don’t blow over.

Had no clue at all that was coming.

Last edited:

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Just blasted through Cedar Rapids now. We were sitting watching TV when it suddenly started blasting what seemed like 60-mph winds. My wife freaked out and insisted we needed to move our plants that we bought Saturday up next to the house so they don’t blow over.

Had no clue at all that was coming.
We were outside until a few min ago planting flowers. Wife got back around 6pm from her annual trip to Kalona. I'm in the garage now. It's windy

Reactions: wxman1