MLB: ***Official 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
He had some good at bats this series, even had some hard outs too. Maybe he is a slow starter and just takes 135 games to get going?

Your passive aggressiveness knows no limits. Obviously a couple good games does not make up for the piss poor season he's had offensively, but when you constantly harp on the guy, the least you can do is give him a little credit when he succeeds. Otherwise it just looks petty on your part.

He's been disappointing to say the least, but I root for all the Cubs' players to do well. I'm honestly not sure you can say the same. It truly seems like you just have it out for the guy.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Your passive aggressiveness knows no limits. Obviously a couple good games does not make up for the piss poor season he's had offensively, but when you constantly harp on the guy, the least you can do is give him a little credit when he succeeds. Otherwise it just looks petty on your part.

He's been disappointing to say the least, but I root for all the Cubs' players to do well. I'm honestly not sure you can say the same. It truly seems like you just have it out for the guy.

I mean he went 2/5 with a 2B, 1/1 and 2/4, definitely a big step in the right direction but if the guy hasn't been a bottom five offensive player all year, that series wouldn't stand out at all. I want him to do better too, trust me I don't enjoy watching him hit weak ground outs at all and hopefully this is the start of better things to come.

• Dislike
Reactions: theantiAIRBHG

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I mean he went 2/5 with a 2B, 1/1 and 2/4, definitely a big step in the right direction but if the guy hasn't been a bottom five offensive player all year, that series wouldn't stand out at all. I want him to do better too, trust me I don't enjoy watching him hit weak ground outs at all and hopefully this is the start of better things to come.

This is the biggest load of ********* I've ever heard. You love this.

Reactions: cyclonenation5

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This is the biggest load of ********* I've ever heard. You love this.

Not at all. Would much rather have another solid bat in the lineup, rather than watching someone struggle to get the ball out of the infield, but hopefully he's figured some things out and can have a good final month.

• Dislike

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Russell getting the day off:

CrDQcLCUAAAvmPH.jpg

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

The stronger answer here would be "he did a great job this weekend" and just to leave it there. Doesn't open the door too much and keeps things moving along.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Nah but hey feel free to use that line if you want to give your own opinion on Heyward.

You are simply incapable of delivering anything better than a backhanded compliment regarding Heyward's performance.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You are simply incapable of delivering anything better than a backhanded compliment regarding Heyward's performance.

Has his performance this year deserved anything more than that? That's an honest question. Heyward's done a good job of driving everyone's expectations for him so low that I guess people expect him to be praised for putting up an .842 OPS for one week. And I would love if he hits that well for the rest of the year but sorry, I'm not going to go crazy over those numbers just yet. As I've said many times already he looks better at the plate the last few games and hopefully that continues.

• Dislike

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
I'm conflicted here. We are in a series with the Pirates. Pittsburgh is only .5 games back of the cards. As a Cubs fan we are so far up on everyone I honestly hope we get swept by the Pirates so they can get ahead of the cardinals and hopefully keep them out of the playoffs. Piss on the cards.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm conflicted here. We are in a series with the Pirates. Pittsburgh is only .5 games back of the cards. As a Cubs fan we are so far up on everyone I honestly hope we get swept by the Pirates so they can get ahead of the cardinals and hopefully keep them out of the playoffs. Piss on the cards.

That's dumb, I hope the Cubs win. I want to see 100 wins this year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Out of all the teams in contention for the Wild Card, I'd take the Cardinals first round.