MLB: ***Official 2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Let's hope Miami comes on now. If I am going to have my Cubbie heart torn out again this year, I would prefer there is zero chance it happens at the hands of a certain division rival.

I want the Marlins and Giants to come on, but not because of any lingering fear of the Cards. I'd rather not face the Dodgers with a healthy Kershaw, and the Marlins with Fernandez would have a much better chance of beating them in a Wild Card game than St. Louis would.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I want the Marlins and Giants to come on, but not because of any lingering fear of the Cards. I'd rather not face the Dodgers with a healthy Kershaw, and the Marlins with Fernandez would have a much better chance of beating them in a Wild Card game than St. Louis would.

Id love for St. Louis or Pittsburgh to win the Wild Card. The Marlins, Mets and Giants/Dodgers all scare me.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Id love for St. Louis or Pittsburgh to win the Wild Card. The Marlins, Mets and Giants/Dodgers all scare me.

I'm not scared of the Marlins in a 5-game series. Fernandez could easily make his first start down 2-0 in the series and that'd be his only start of the series. And without Stanton, the lineup isn's as scary, either.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's not fear, I just don't want to have to listen to many of the Cards fans blowhards who won't even shut up when their team is down double digit games to the Cubs.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Don't want to see the Mets again, they just seem to be a bad matchup for us. I agree with TM in that I wouldn't be scared of facing the Marlins.

Honestly, the Nationals are the team that scares me the most.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully can get that series win today:

Cq9iTk6VIAIoYnf.jpg

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Cubs.com says TBS is for "out of market only." When did DSM get lumped in the Chicago market?:confused:
It always has been for MLB. The two areas that are blacked out to the most teams are all of Iowa (Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Royals and Cardinals) and Vegas (DBacks, Padres, Dodgers, Angels, A's and Giants). MLB's blackout policy is very over due for a change.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
So if my recollection is right, Cubs are currently 10-3 in California, which is really good, with today's game left. Add in the DBacks and Rockies, and they are 14-6, which is still really good.