NDSU did us a favor tonight IMO

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
They did us a favor by showing us that K-State isn't very good this year. Another "W' for the schedule--woo hoo!

Some of the geniuses on here. We'll trash them next year, whoever they beat this season.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
It has nothing to do with being afraid. Where did I say don't schedule them?

I said act like a Big 12 team and don't GIVE THEM ROAD GAMES!

Again, Florida hosts Toledo tomorrow. Please tell me when the return game is? Oh wait, they are Florida tehy wouldn't ******* dream of going to Toledo.

If you want to make it about money then tell me why fans selling out season tickets isn't enough support financially to have the program act like they are in the Big 12.

3 extremely stupid return games are on future schedules. One of them not only just beat us in the bowl BUT winning the 3rd rubber game of the series will the WORTHLESS nationally after BGSU just packed their **** in.

I'd love to hear what you think the program has to gain by going to Tulsa, Toledo, and San Jose and if beating those teams in their house will get ANY positive attention to the program? All it takes is 200k extra to not have to go to their place. And as I said the fans have completely done their part in acting like a big time program, its time for the AD to follow suit.

I think you are not very smart. First, a lot of these games are scheduled 5-10 years in advance...before they are good. Second, the reason schools like Texas and Florida, etc don't schedule at those schools is they are made of money and buy the game as a home only. We aren't a luxury team and Pollard counts every bean, so we will continue to schedule home and aways and home, home, aways for the foreseeable future.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
It is going to look that much worse when we lose to them. The toughness of our schedule is going down the toilet as well.

(yes this is overly pessimistic on game day)

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
It is going to look that much worse when we lose to them. The toughness of our schedule is going down the toilet as well.

Good, more wins for us.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Oh, and this doesn't change a damn thing for our prep or attitude. If they went through the motions in practice this week and just thought we'd be able to beat UNI tonight because we're in the Big 12 we're going to be in for a long game tonight. I'm guessing they were just as focused in practice this week as they would've been if we were playing any Big 12 team on the schedule.
I would think with the way we ended the season last year, against West Virginia and Tulsa, the team would be almost frantic to make amends, starting with the first game of the season!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would think with the way we ended the season last year, against West Virginia and Tulsa, the team would be almost frantic to make amends, starting with the first game of the season!
"Frantic to make amends"??? I'd think they'd be determined to kick some butt!

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
I realize the KST loss should be a wake up call, but its hard for me to imagine any more motivation to play a FB game then a packed Jack, under the lights, opening night of a new season after all the work you've put in from spring ball, summer workouts, to fall camp. How can you not be jacked to play?!!!! How can you not get up no matter who you are playing?!!!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It has nothing to do with being afraid. Where did I say don't schedule them?

I said act like a Big 12 team and don't GIVE THEM ROAD GAMES!

Again, Florida hosts Toledo tomorrow. Please tell me when the return game is? Oh wait, they are Florida tehy wouldn't ******* dream of going to Toledo.

If you want to make it about money then tell me why fans selling out season tickets isn't enough support financially to have the program act like they are in the Big 12.

3 extremely stupid return games are on future schedules. One of them not only just beat us in the bowl BUT winning the 3rd rubber game of the series will the WORTHLESS nationally after BGSU just packed their **** in.

I'd love to hear what you think the program has to gain by going to Tulsa, Toledo, and San Jose and if beating those teams in their house will get ANY positive attention to the program? All it takes is 200k extra to not have to go to their place. And as I said the fans have completely done their part in acting like a big time program, its time for the AD to follow suit.
I guess that if we are going to move forward "anywhere anytime" is ok. If you are fearful of the road, the team, the weather, the cheerleaders, the popcorn man then your approach is understandable.

Reactions: Aclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Every year in these first few weeks, an FCS team beats an FBS team. If last night's Kstate game was any kind of a wake up call, you haven't been paying attention to college football the last decade. Hell, in 2 days of games this year, its already happened to Kstate and UCONN. If it took last nights kstate game to get our heads on straight, CPR and Co haven't been doing their job. Besides, any ISU Fan should already know better than to take UNI(or anyone) lightly. It wasn't that long ago they beat us.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Oh, and this doesn't change a damn thing for our prep or attitude. If they went through the motions in practice this week and just thought we'd be able to beat UNI tonight because we're in the Big 12 we're going to be in for a long game tonight. I'm guessing they were just as focused in practice this week as they would've been if we were playing any Big 12 team on the schedule.

Exactly! It'd be too late now if ISU was overlooking UNI. The FCS isn't so far below us that you can just flip a switch come game day and win every time.

Selere

Dec 21, 2011
Ames, IA

Honestly, no one gives 2 ***** about strength of schedule unless you are in the national title race. 6+ wins are 6+ wins, regardless of who its against.

Reactions: burn587

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Every year in these first few weeks, an FCS team beats an FBS team. If last night's Kstate game was any kind of a wake up call, you haven't been paying attention to college football the last decade. Hell, in 2 days of games this year, its already happened to Kstate and UCONN. If it took last nights kstate game to get our heads on straight, CPR and Co haven't been doing their job. Besides, any ISU Fan should already know better than to take UNI(or anyone) lightly. It wasn't that long ago they beat us.
Was glad to see UConn lose also. :smile:

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Honestly, no one gives 2 ***** about strength of schedule unless you are in the national title race. 6+ wins are 6+ wins, regardless of who its against.

I couldn't disagree more. How are you suppose to judge the strength of a team if you don't care about who they are playing? And perception does have a role in college football.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The KSU game has nothing to do with the ISU game. Yes, we are playing a lower division team also, but NDSU was a lot better than UNI last year, and will be better this year. In addition, and I posted this elsewhere, KSU and Snyder like to bring in lots of JC guys and build a team. Generally they are not very good at the beginning of the year because of all the new guys that are starters. Think about ISU playing a redshirt freshman. They may not be as talented as the KSU JC guys, but they will most likely know what to do in the schemes. KSU has almost lost several of these games in the past few years. This year they lost a lot of guys and were not quite able to pull this game out against a team that was expected not near as good as they turned out to be. Iowa will face the same thing today with N. IL. Unfortunately, KSU will probably have things figured out by the ISU game.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I can't stop laughing.
ha ha purple kansas. I am shocked to see people calling for Snyder to be replaced. Unbelievable!

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
You're right!! We are a prestigious program with many National Titles in a great location just like the Gators. Why are we playing at Toledo? And Pollard should have known years ago when these schedules were made that NDSU would beat 4 BCS teams in a row and win FCS titles left and right. He's obviously not doing his job, off with his head!
And because Jamie Pollard knew that we would be selling out games and fan interest would be at an all time high when we played these games.

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
I bet the K-State Mask wishes he had a time machine.....

[video=youtube;Lb9MzVOmueo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9MzVOmueo[/video]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron